Author Topic: Air Atlantic Takes Flight  (Read 2781 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Air Atlantic Takes Flight
« on: February 10, 2008, 02:58:00 am »
Listen to Air Atlantic as it takes it's maiden voyage through the Underground.

This is a brand new station that's only just begun to take shape. Air Atlantic is now on the air waves with a mix of music for your listening delight.

Right now it's loaded with a mixture of my kind of musical goodness but eventually there will be offerings by another DJ which is much more British and sometimes Punkish. We are still shaping and molding. In any case, you can tune in and have a nice listen.

Please spread the word!

dontdropbombs

Re: Air Atlantic Takes Flight
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:42:00 pm »
hey jaguar,
 I'm listening right now, and it sounds really great.  trembling blue stars is on.  I'm happy to hear this.  thanks for letting us know.

SPARX

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:42:00 am »
Good to hear. Will do!

Jaguar

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 09:52:00 pm »
As previously noted, Air Atlantic Underground Radio is a brand new station still in the earliest stages of being formed.

Tonight (Saturday) tune into a new show called Whirlpool. Whirlpool will air between 9:00PM - 12:00AM. Whirlpool is a sampling of some of the various music you will hear from the different DJs on Air Atlantic Underground Radio.

As of now, it's just Michael Merseyyank and myself, DJ Jaguar. I've just brought on another DJ who will be airing his own show soon who too will eventually be included in the Whirlpool broadcasts.

Whirlpool is a good time to get an idea of the variety that you can find throughout that rest of the week regarding specialty shows, from my Shoegaze to Michael Merseyyank's raw British finds.

Tune in and spread the word. Thank you!

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »
Listening for the first time now. Sounds great so far!
احمد

Jaguar

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »
Glad you approve. Hope you keep listening and please spread the sounds. I've got a lot more music yet to be uploaded with more on its way.

Tonight's specialty show is The Sounds of Permanence with Michael Merseyyank. Believe me, his show is not Shoegaze or what you would necessarily hear during general programming. More the NME/Brit/Punk scene. Michael Merseyyank has an ear for finding the up and coming British acts that eventually get the Brits all in a stir over there. Mixed in will be your odd assortment of other Indie works and standards, both old and new.

The Sounds of Permanence will air tonight (Sunday) between 7:00PM - 9:00PM.

See the Broadcast Schedule on the Live365 Air Atlantic Underground Radio profile page for other specialty programming. More to come soon!

Please add yourself to the brand new Air Atlantic Underground Radio MySpace profile for updates, links to cool bands and other such nonsense. (Yet another work in progress.)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 05:24:00 pm »
Jaguar, congrats!!!
_\|/_

Jaguar

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 08:31:00 am »
If you haven't listened to Air Atlantic Underground Radio in awhile, you may want to go back and listen for some new (and old) music that has been uploaded. Some of the favorites still remain while others have been replaced.

Though most of the music within the general stream is more or less Shoegaze and Psychedelic in nature, you will also find some other odd delights to compliment your listening experience. To expand your musical horizons, listen for the various specialty shows for yet what are often completely different genres of music.

Some of the artists you will hear on Air Atlantic Underground Radio:

Slowdive, Highspire, Darker My Love, Hinterland, God Is An Astronaut, Grimble Grumble, LKWRM, Barzin, Spacemen 3, Tearwave, Air Formation, The Daysleepers, Tears Run Rings, Raymond Scott Woolson, Ulrich Schnauss, Loop, Relay, The Voices,  Auburn Lull, The Fakes, Allison's Halo, Heaviness, Daturah, Aspen Woods, Thrushes, Ride, The Black Angels, Flavor Crystals, Presents For Sally, DestroyAllDreamers, Hollowphonic, Secret Shine,  Monster Movie, The Northern Two, Sterling Roswell, Hypatia Lake, Butterfly Explosion, Fleeting Joys, Daniel Land And The Modern Painters, Perfect Blue, Glissade, The Fauns, Fathom 5, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Raveonettes, The Verve, Swervedriver, Curve, Gris Gris, The Secret Meeting, Foxtail Somersault, Airiel, Rumskib,  A Place To Bury Strangers, She, Sir, The Workhouse, DulceSky, Flying Saucer Attack, Hawkwind, Heroes Of Switzerland, Mojave 3, Ceremony, Soundpool, Screen Vinyl Image, Alcian Blue, The Stevenson Ranch Davidians, Lupine Howl, The Flies, Mean Red Spiders, Hearts Of Black Science, Skylight, Chapterhouse, Stellarscope, Sway, Joy Wants Eternity, Malory, The December Sound, Dead Heart Bloom, Phaser, SIANspheric, Lowsundays, Lyca Sleep, The Lassie Foundation, The Emerald Down, Primal Scream, Resplandor, The American Dollar, Windermere, The Sky Drops, The Telescopes, Unisex, and many, many more.

Go to the top of the Broadcast page to click on the link for the Broadcast Schedule for a listing of specialty shows. (*Be aware that Live365's scheduler clock is f*cked and all shows actually air 1 hour later than posted.)

Air Atlantic Underground is boarding now. Enjoy your flight!

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

DJ Jaguar
 AirAtlanticUnderground@Gmail.com
 www.myspace.com/AirAtlantic

Air Atlantic Underground Radio Listening Link

Relaxer

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 09:30:00 am »
So this is awesome, have had a fabulous morning with the shoegaze soundtrack.

How does this work? Is it a 24/7 thing?

Whatever the case, it's great.
oword

Jaguar

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »
Yeap. 24/7. It's my station to do with what I choose. Eventually, specialty shows may change up in any manner; be it times, days, or actual shows but the stream will keep on going all day and night around the shows.

I just got a load of new music to work with but that's going to take some time to sort through, convert and upload...not to mention royalty assignments and other matters. A bunch of CDs just came in and more on the way. Also, a good friend of mine in the London area who owns a lable just sent me a load of MP3s. All in due time.

Very happy you like what you heard. Keep listening and spread the air waves. Feel free to contact me regarding any comments or any other issues.

AirAtlanticUnderground@Gmail.com

For those who have not tuned in yet, no, it is not all Shoegaze but there is a lot. Plenty of Psychedelic, some Brit Rock, Indie, Electronica and other sounds I can't even identify but works with the rest of the music in it's own way.

Hey, Brian. I had a Pink Floyd song up (The Nile Song) but just took it down to clear some server space for some other new music. Sounded fantastic!    :p

Jaguar

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 07:10:00 pm »
A new show has been added to the line up of shows on Air Atlantic Underground Radio called Sunlight Sparkles.

Air Atlantic Underground Radio

Sunlight Sparkles:
 w/ DJ Jaguar
 Mondays 1:00PM-3:00PM
 Thursdays 8:00PM-10:00PM
 Sunlight Sparkles features some of the newer music uploaded to the station along with a few other highlights from various shows.

(East Coast US times)

Just some of the music you will hear:

* Some of the music offered by the Gazey Psychedelic UK label Northern Star Records.

* Brand spanking new mastered (unreleased) tracks from the new album by a band from Australia called The Fakes.

* More new (unreleased) tracks from the reformed Shoegaze band Skylight.

* New music from the heavily Spiritualized influenced A Beautiful Noise.  

Take flight with Air Atlantic Underground Radio on Mondays and Thursdays with Sunlight Sparkles and let the light shine on you.

Tune In:
 Air Atlantic Underground Radio

Note: Can't wait for Monday or Thursday? Most songs may also be heard throughout the day via the general Air Atlantic Underground Radio stream and occassionally within a few of the other specialty shows.

Tonight's (Saturday) specialty show is Whirlpool which is a nice across the board offering of music from all the shows on Air Atlantic Underground Radio. Whirlpool airs tonight between 9:00PM-12:00AM.

DJ Jaguar

Jaguar

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 08:10:00 pm »
Sunlight Sparkles has just started airing. Only into the 2nd song now so plenty of show left for your listening enjoyment.

Sunlight Sparkles is where you get to hear the latest uploads concentrated within one show. Tune in now!

A few more teasers: M83, ThisQuietArmy, The Black Angles, A Static Silence, DulceSky, Resplandor (featuring Robin Guthrie) and Portishead.

Ricky0710

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 03:11:00 pm »
And just to let everyone on the board know, Jag has been kind enough to include a "We Fought the Big One" show on the Air-Atlantic Station. It's a 2-hour weekly show that runs twice a week: Friday at 8pm EST and Tuesdays at noon EST and is representative of the kind of music you can hear at our dj nights at the Marx Cafe every first Friday: A mix of moody and off-kilter classic late 70s/early 80s diy post-punk with some wall-of-soundy bands and other less commercial indie.  :)