Author Topic: Anyone like Lady Kier???  (Read 1717 times)

bull930

Anyone like Lady Kier???
« on: November 04, 2006, 03:29:00 am »
I think she is great...Dee-Lite should reform.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: Anyone like Lady Kier???
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 09:41:00 am »
I agree!
_\|/_

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 01:33:00 pm »
i saw deee lite on stage once at a rave way back when, and she was doing coke right in front of everyone.  somehow i think with the level of hate that resides between kier, towa, and dimitry, that no reunion will ever happen.  especially after that horrible "dewdrops in the garden" album.

• my blog
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 02:21:00 pm »
I saw Dee-Lite back in the day at the Citadel Center, a former roller rink which used to be right off Columbia Road up in Reed-Cooke.   Bootsy Collins was playing bass for them, and this being DC, at least half of the crowd was there for him, and screaming "Bootsy!" between every song.   Really great, energetic show.   I still love Deee-Lite, although someone absconded with my copy of "World Clique" some time ago, so I haven't been able to listen to them in quite a while.
_\|/_

TheDirector217

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 01:34:00 pm »
Can't front.  Deee-Lite used to be my shit.  They got some real hot albums.  And to that earlier post, you may wanna go back & listen to "Dewdrops In The Garden".  I'm by no means an avid "dance music" fan, but that album was HOT as fuck.  "Say Ahhhh", "Apple Juice Kissing", & "Bittersweet Loving" get play from me to this day.  Pre-coke (correction: Before it was obvious) Lady Miss Kier was kinda a hottie . . . . I remember having a crush on her & Lisa Lisa.  But I digress . . .

• my blog
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 01:39:00 pm »
Plus back in the mid 90s or thereabouts, you'd throw on Deee-Lite at a party and ALL the girls would be out on the floor shaking their ass.   That's not something to take lightly.
_\|/_

bull930

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 05:30:00 am »
Her new music solo is good....go on youtube.

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 09:42:00 am »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  i saw deee lite on stage once at a rave way back when, and she was doing coke right in front of everyone.  somehow i think with the level of hate that resides between kier, towa, and dimitry, that no reunion will ever happen.  especially after that horrible "dewdrops in the garden" album.
was that rave in western maryland somewhere? in 1994 maybe?

TheDirector217

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 10:37:00 am »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  Plus back in the mid 90s or thereabouts, you'd throw on Deee-Lite at a party and ALL the girls would be out on the floor shaking their ass.   That's not something to take lightly.
I concur.  The female ass quotient needs to be respected.  LOL.  I remember when Madonna dropped "Music."  That song seemed to women gyrate with unbridled horniness.  I fuckin' love it!  Plus I was the only one not on "E" back then, so I could REALLY appreciate it.  Good times, good times . . . .   :D