Author Topic: Moby, Moby, Moby....  (Read 4699 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: Moby, Moby, Moby....
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2005, 10:22:00 am »
Originally posted by white man from town:

He's Canada's answer to Beck. [/b]
That's supposed to be a good thing is it?

Technique

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2005, 11:00:00 am »
I was totally thrilled with Moby last night... Ya, it's not what it was in the early/mid 90s, but at least he played Go and next is the E... I can truly say that I'm glad that over 10 years later, I am still able to hear some of my favorite songs by Moby live... I wish he had done thousand though... Oh, and the crowd was sorta dead, I think that a bunch of people there didn't know much about moby or his music, they seemed sorta lost??  I dunno, maybe I'm being too hard... I had a blast though, well worth the money, gotta love the 930 club...

K8teebug

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2005, 12:03:00 pm »
I saw him play AFTER David Bowie at the Area 2 festival a few years back and all he did was run around the stage and hit some keys on the keyboard at various intervals.  Very very bad.  I wish he would go away.

distance

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2005, 01:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by K8teebug:
  I saw him play AFTER David Bowie at the Area 2 festival a few years back and all he did was run around the stage and hit some keys on the keyboard at various intervals.  Very very bad.  I wish he would go away.
well there was that whole debate about him just pressing play on a dat and having his performances pre-recorded a long time ago.  i figured he was past that.  the 930 show i saw was pretty bad so i wouldn't be very inclined to see him again for that, regardless of how much i might like some of his older material.

i was interested in area:one, but i just wanted to see the orb again and it wasn't worth $50 for a general admission ticket to go all the way up to holmdel nj (the closest date with the orb) just to get to see the orb again.

speaking of which, it's been 4+ years since their last 930 show.  they need to be brought back here.