Author Topic: guitar hero help  (Read 3352 times)

Brian_Wallace

Re: guitar hero help
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  just learn how to play guitar instead...it might make ya famous one day.
+1,000,000.  After a loveless Valentine's Day, do you really want to be more of a loser by playing Guitar Hero, tigers scare me?

Learn a real instrument.  Didn't you learn anything from that South Park episode?

Brian

Sage 703

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 03:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by distance:

Originally posted by callat703:

Originally posted by distance:

Originally posted by vansmack:
  I just wouldn't get this version of Guitar Hero:

New 'Guitar Hero' gives sweet emotion to Aerosmith fans
can we come up with some scenarios where they could release a GH that would suck more? [/b]
Guitar Hero: Fleetwood Mac Edition
 Guitar Hero: Eagles Edition [/b]
while i don't like either of those bands, i don't think either of those bands have reached the level of suck that aerosmith achieved, especially starting with the early 1990s, sorry. [/b]
Come on, you'd rather play the guitar lines for Fleetwood Mac or the Eagles than Aerosmith?  That'd make for an awful game.

tigersscareme

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 03:14:00 pm »
i actually play bass, and thanks for rubbing the whole loveless thing in wallace!

actually, my thursday was quite good, but i still would like to play this game. so....whatever. it beats the pants off of katamari damacy

Sage 703

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »

Guitar Hero: Fleetwood Mac Edition
Dude.  I would buy that in a heartbeat if it were Rock Band.  But yes, for GH, it would suck.

And as soon as my Rock Band Guitar works on GH, your challenge is accepted.  I only play the strat... [/b]
For Rock Band, fair enough.  But Fleetwood Mac guitars are a snore.

How similar is the interface between the two?

vansmack

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »
  Come on, you'd rather play the guitar lines for Fleetwood Mac or the Eagles than Aerosmith?  That'd make for an awful game.
Oh Well and Never Going Back Again would be fun, but you're right when comparing catalogs, it wouldn't be close for guitar only.

"Train Kept a Rollin" is fun on guitar on Rock Band, but I still maintain that if I had the choice between the Aerosmith Catalog and the Fleetwood Mac catalog for Rock Band (for an entire band to play), Fleetwood Mac would win hands down.  Tusk on Drums would be worth it alone.
27>34

tigersscareme

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 03:19:00 pm »
i would pull my ears off my head and stuff them in my eyes if i had to do anything fleetwood mac related. i can't even get through one song without punching my radio

vansmack

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »
  How similar is the interface between the two?
The guitar and bass play the same on Rock Band as on GH (save that I think GH III is a little harder).  The 360 GH guitar even works on Rock Band, but Activision blocks the Rock Band guitar from working on GH.  Harmonix, the maker of Rock Band, was the developer of GH (before selling it to activision) so there's little difference.

The drums are revolutionary.

The Mic works the same as Sing Star for playstation 2, if you've ever played that.
27>34

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 03:25:00 pm »
Use your rebate check and get a decent acoustic for a couple bills, a tuner, some picks, strings and a couple method books or issues of Guitar World that have Joe Satriani and/or Eric Johnson on the cover.

Brian

P.S.  And after you can play by ear about 80% of what you hear on the radio, THEN maybe you can dick around on "Guitar Hero" for fifteen minutes.  But FIFTEEN MINUTES ONLY!  Then it's back to practicing scales!

P.P.S.  Plus, your Valentine's Day won't be loveless anymore if you learn to play the guitar.

P.P.P.S.  Speaking of 'loveless'...do you really think Kevin Shields is wasting any of his time in the run-up to the MBV reunion playing "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band"?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 03:31:00 pm »

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  so that's why i can't get through "won't get fooled again" on hard playing bass for rock band. . .
No.  It's because you're a drummer. [/b]
yeah, keith moon is so much easier than john entwistle

btw, fleetwood mac for rock band would bring all the girls in to release their inner stevie nicks.
OU812

Venerable Bede

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

Learn a real instrument.  Didn't you learn anything from that South Park episode?

speaking of south park, timmy and the lords of the underworld is a bonus song on rock band

to quote vansmack- who would have thought that "timmy" would be the hardest song on rock band.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 03:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  yeah, keith moon is so much easier than john entwistle

btw, fleetwood mac for rock band would bring all the girls in to release their inner stevie nicks.
Try it with more horse tranq's.

And yes, I would require every woman to say "this one's for you daddy" before we play Landslide...
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 03:54:00 pm »
Katamari Damacy is still my favorite game.