Author Topic: places to stay near the club?  (Read 1916 times)

pollilop

places to stay near the club?
« on: July 26, 2006, 01:20:00 pm »
hey, i'm coming down from providence for the sleater-kinney show. does anyone know of any reasonable and non-gross hotels or motels near the club? any help would be appreciated! thanks

desiree

bearman🐻

Re: places to stay near the club?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:44:00 pm »
The club is on the Metro and there really aren't any places nearby that you would want to stay. A better option would be stay in Dupont Circle (there are some hotels around there), downtown near Metro Center, or there are probably some cheaper hotels in Rossyln (also on the Metro). Most shows end in enough time to catch the last train, but you can always hop a cab too.

matts

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 02:43:00 pm »
What's your definition of reasonable?

Originally posted by pollilop:
  hey, i'm coming down from providence for the sleater-kinney show. does anyone know of any reasonable and non-gross hotels or motels near the club? any help would be appreciated! thanks

desiree

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »
I would stay away from DC hotels as they are expensive, but you can probably get "reasonable" hotels near a metro station in Maryland.

Originally posted by matts:
  What's your definition of reasonable?

desiree
[/b]
(_|_)

Venerable Bede

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 03:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Joe M.:
  I would stay away from DC hotels as they are expensive, but you can probably get "reasonable" hotels near a metro station in Maryland.

well, would you rather spend $80 at the comfort inn in arlington or $138 at the hotel helix?  who in their right mind would stay in maryland, anyway?
OU812

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 03:20:00 pm »
What do you have against Maryland?!
 Comfort Inn sounds like a one star hotel. hehe
 And I don't think $138 is my definition of "reasonable"  :)

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

well, would you rather spend $80 at the comfort inn in arlington or $138 at the hotel helix?  who in their right mind would stay in maryland, anyway? [/b]
(_|_)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 03:23:00 pm »
 And I don't think $138 is my definition of "reasonable"   :)  

well, would you rather spend $80 at the comfort inn in arlington or $138 at the hotel helix?  who in their right mind would stay in maryland, anyway? [/b]
[/b]
maryland sucks
o/\o

Venerable Bede

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 03:27:00 pm »
 And I don't think $138 is my definition of "reasonable"    :)  

well, for $90, you can stay at any of the wonderful establishments on new york avenue, and try not to get hustled by pros and pimps.

my list of complaints against maryland is too lengthy to list here. . .plus, i cannot match god's shoeshine's eloquently stated reason.
OU812

bearman🐻

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 03:31:00 pm »
Here here

matts

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 10:08:00 am »
I usually have luck in putting up out of towners at the Jurys Hotel in Dupont Circle (a 20 minute walk to the club).  It's definitely a 3* place.  Ask for a AAA discount (they won't ask for a number).  They might have something for as low as $80 + tax.  

Unfortunately for you, the show is during the week, so you might not be able to get the best rates, but its worth a 1 minute phone call.

Jurys Washington Hotel
 1500 New Hampshire Avenue, N.W,, DC, Washington DC, USA, 20036
 (202) 483 6000
 http://washingtondchotels.jurysdoyle.com/

desiree

definitivedoodle

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 10:12:00 am »

helix is a great hotel.