Author Topic: Wilco Opener?  (Read 1313 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

Wilco Opener?
« on: November 22, 2008, 05:02:00 pm »
So, since the Baltimore date is in the middle of their tour opening for Neil Young, I was wondering if there was any word on an opener.  Or is it just Wilco?  Thankssss

And on a related note, has anyone been to the Lyric? Good place?

Rollo Tomasi

Re: Wilco Opener?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 07:18:36 pm »
i'll be there too, looking forward to seeing them there.  i have never been there either, i am assuming it is a venue kinda like constituion hall when you look at the seating chart. 

according to their website:

Benjy Ferree Supports on December 14

from wikipedia:

Benjy Ferree is a singer/songwriter from Prince George's County, Maryland. Though his songs are reminiscent of American Roots Music, Ferree's influences hop all around. Ferree's band consists of Amy Domingues of Garland of Hours (Cello), Jonah Takagi of Garland of Hours, (Bass guitar), Drew "Feather" Mills of The Blood Feathers, Espera and Big Jangle(Guitar, vocals). and Laura Jean Harris of The Aquarium (Drum kit). Benjy's first released an ep of six songs on record label Box Theory/Planaria Records in October 2005.[1] Box Theory's founder, Laris Kreslins, linked Ferree with Domino USA and went on to release four new songs to complete a full-length debut album "Leaving the Nest"[2]

looking forward to seeing this guy now too, he looks pretty interesting...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 07:50:05 pm »
I've seen more operas there than rock shows but it's been many, many years since my last time in the place. Have no idea what kind of condition it is in now.

It's an old style classic opera house. Much smaller than DAR or the Myerhoff around the corner. At one time it had a very, very good reputation for being acoustically perfect so if they have a good soundman, it should sound nice. It's very nice if you don't mind a seated venue with old world charm. Those who have to be up on their feet right up at the stage will hate it though.

Just get yourself in a mind to go chill out and relax to the music and enjoy it for what it is. You may just end up liking the place. I saw Pink Floyd there twice way back before they got super big and it was great just sitting back and spacing to their music. Hell, even most of the band members (if not all) were sitting while playing. Save your up and party modes for after the show and go to some place like the Club Charles, The Depot, The Metro Gallery (all on the same block of Charles St.) or even a more intimate stop at the Mt. Royal Tavern with all the uber arty types on Mt. Royal Ave..

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 11:28:42 pm »
Sounds pretty amazing.  As an Opera House, I wouldn't really expect much less than perfect acoustics.  And this opening fellow sounds pretty .  Im psyched.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 08:18:27 am »
Damn, how I would love for my wife and I to be able to go to this show!