Author Topic: punk  (Read 2155 times)

areece14

punk
« on: December 04, 2008, 09:23:36 pm »
i know some punk bands occasionally come to 930 club, but is there another club i should be looking at that has more punk shows? thanks a lot guys.

andyrichter

Re: punk
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 09:50:23 pm »
Best punk shows come to ottobar in baltimore.  In DC, Black Cat and Rock N Roll Hotel are your best bets.   

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 10:02:30 pm »
This morning when I was driving my son to pre school we were rocking the first Bad Religion lp in the car...my boy said nothing the whole ride but I could feel his little foot tapping to the music the whole way there.  When I turned off the car and the music stopped he yelled "that was awesome!!!!".  He then went on to explain how he did not like Hannah Montana, that he liked "punk rock and Motorhead".  Then he asked if when he get big would I take him to see "rock and roll band at night time".

Not many things do anymore, but that sure warmed the cockles of my crusty little heart.

nkotb

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 11:42:17 pm »
That rules!

He then went on to explain how he did not like Hannah Montana, that he liked "punk rock and Motorhead". 

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 11:53:50 pm »
Chaz, it's official; you've got the coolest kid ever!

andyrichter

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 12:29:28 am »
This morning when I was driving my son to pre school we were rocking the first Bad Religion lp in the car...my boy said nothing the whole ride but I could feel his little foot tapping to the music the whole way there.  When I turned off the car and the music stopped he yelled "that was awesome!!!!".  He then went on to explain how he did not like Hannah Montana, that he liked "punk rock and Motorhead".  Then he asked if when he get big would I take him to see "rock and roll band at night time".

Not many things do anymore, but that sure warmed the cockles of my crusty little heart. 

awesome.  the next developmental milestone for him next year should be to know all the words to Part III followed by lessons in how to slamdance (as shown by bad religion of course) so he can school his fellow 5 year old classmates. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74fpFD6Zi2Q

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:35:35 am by andyrichter »

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 08:17:15 am »
You've got a sheep on your hands. If he was truly punk rock, he'd be loving the Hannah Montana just to spite his crusty old dad.  :-* Give him time, he'll rebel as a teen and hate your music then!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 08:56:32 am by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer »

Relaxer

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 12:57:43 pm »

I'm going to tell my 4-year-old that story and warn him if he doesn't start getting cool like your kid really really fast, then instead of going to the Island of Sodor when he dies, he'll go to the land of broccoli and taking a bath.

I am pleased that he likes the Verve's Northern Soul album.

what does teletype mean?
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 03:01:03 pm »
what does teletype mean?

teletype = monospaced font, like Courier New.  every letter is equal width, unlike most fonts where the letter "i" is much narrower than an "m".
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 03:08:55 pm »
My best friend got his daughter into punk when she was about 4.  If you asked her what music she liked, she would yell, "Punk Rock!", and then bang her head.  Now, six years later, she is into Hannah Montana, Camp Rock, High School Musical, and the Decemberists. 

Relaxer

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 03:12:10 pm »
I don't know about that man. That Y is looking much thinner than the W. I believe a side-by-side comparison would be the punk rock thing to do right now.

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

and here is a table
with another row

I'm so
Code: [Select]
excited, I can't even imagine what my message is going to look like! Seth should've given me a personal call like he did for Vansmack. I'm still jealous over that one.
oword

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 03:13:16 pm »
Post of the week!

My best friend got his daughter into punk when she was about 4.  If you asked her what music she liked, she would yell, "Punk Rock!", and then bang her head.  Now, six years later, she is into Hannah Montana, Camp Rock, High School Musical, and the Decemberists. 

godsshoeshine

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 03:20:08 pm »
i laughed at the 'and the decemberists' part
o/\o

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 03:24:56 pm »
I think I'd feel better if my daughter preferred the first three. Though I guess all four would go hand in hand.

i laughed at the 'and the decemberists' part

SPARX

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 05:49:29 pm »
Tune in to THE STRANGE BOUTIQUE, tonight at 10pm.

You'll hear great new music from the likes of Static Static, Total Control, Tame
Impala, Cave, Blank Dogs, Sun Araw, The Capstan Shafts, Black Mountain and many
others.

It will be a psychedelic, face blowed off, shitkickin' punk and roll party for
all! All you need to supply are the ears.

http://www.wpvm.org