Author Topic: Blur Reunion  (Read 2442 times)

jd930

mr. pretentious

• This Boy Is Exhausted
Re: Blur Reunion
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 12:17:28 pm »
I remember seeing them at the 9:30 way back in summer of 2003.  I was 5 feet from the stage, right in front of Alex James the entire night.  Awesome show.

But with Graham Coxon, the possibility of hearing "Coffee + TV" increases by like 1536%!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 03:37:45 pm »
I literally must have been right next to you, Mr. P. One of the top shows I ever saw.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 03:46:57 pm »
I interviewed Alex and Damon before their gig at the Capitol Ballroom back in February 1996, and that was probably my favorite Blur show. It was pretty insane. Great selection of songs, they even played "She's So High". I love their stuff, but I'm probably one of like 2 people on the planet that would say that "Leisure" is their favorite Blur LP. Not that there aren't some other great ones, but that's the one that listen to the most. Sadly it's the one they also trash the most.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 03:54:54 pm »
this was the best email i got this morning. im just kicking myself there is no way i can make it, unless i find myself a sugar daddy pronto. and i loved leisure a lot, but i always felt MLIR was a more complete album. although these days i most often listen to leisure.

BLUR CONFIRM LONDON SHOW IN HYDE PARK 3 JULY 2009
Graham Coxon will join Alex James, Dave Rowntree and Damon Albarn onstage for this first time since their Royal Festival Hall performance in 2000.

Formed in Colchester in 1989, Blur have recorded seven studio albums and had a string of Top 10 singles including number 1 hit's with 'Country House' and 'Beetlebum'. Their last album, Think Tank was released in 2003.

As a valued member of the Blur mailing list we are giving you the chance to buy tickets two whole days before the general public!
HeyLa

Venerable Bede

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 04:53:28 pm »
fantastic news. . .my favorite show was probably dallas in 1996(ish) with the rentals opening. . .after much pleading, and being egged on by damon, graham sang the first half of "rednecks". . .
OU812

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 06:25:26 pm »
My favorite Blur show was September or October 1995 at the Axis in Boston.  The crowd was just one big sweaty pogoing mass and they played a ton from Modern Life. 

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 07:47:03 pm »
My favorite Blur show was on the Rollercoaster tour in 1992... not to out-old all of you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj8uXO1ReVw

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:48:50 pm by Doctor Doom »
_\|/_

saintangelsin

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 03:12:35 am »
I was suppose to see Blur at the 2003 Hfstival, but they had to be wankers and cancel.

This reunion does give me a lot of hope though! I was listening to a lot of their music today actually and this was before I had heard about this reunion. All I can say is "Seth, please have them play V-fest!"

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 09:09:58 am »
I interviewed Alex and Damon before their gig at the Capitol Ballroom back in February 1996, and that was probably my favorite Blur show. It was pretty insane. Great selection of songs, they even played "She's So High". I love their stuff, but I'm probably one of like 2 people on the planet that would say that "Leisure" is their favorite Blur LP. Not that there aren't some other great ones, but that's the one that listen to the most. Sadly it's the one they also trash the most.

That's was an oddly paired show with emmet swimming opening up, but I guess it was because it was a DC101 event and emmet was trying to break through with being signed to Epic.
3MTA3

bearman🐻

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 10:15:21 am »
Thankfully I missed all of Emmet, then had a photo pass so I was right up front for the whole gig. When they closed with "the Universal" it was SUCH a beautiful moment. Plus it was the last night of the tour and I think they were probably happy to be going home.