Author Topic: Snow Patrol live  (Read 3160 times)

musiclovr89

Snow Patrol live
« on: December 09, 2008, 06:27:26 pm »
I know they aren't coming here any time soon, but I'm going to be in LA next week visiting a friend and he asked me if I wanted to go to the show.  I'm definitely going but I wanted to know if anyone had seen them before/what they thought of their performance.  I've always been a big fan of theirs and I really think their new album, "One Hundred Million Suns",which was recently released by umg is their best yet.  Also I can't get enough of their new single, "Crack the Shutters": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=942tk_Y1bUE

Let me know what you think!

Ashley

MonkeyPants

Re: Snow Patrol live
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 07:18:33 pm »
I've seen them several times, and even got to sing with them once.  I think they were not very good back in 2004 when I first saw them, but they've gotten progressively better each time I've seen them.  I'd say you should definitely go.
PANTS

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:05:41 pm »
i've seen SP 4 times, and it's gotten progressively less and less interesting for me.  they're very efficient at doing what they do but they don't change it up much - if you've seen one SP show, you've seen them all.  i'm not a big fan of the new album so between that and the fact that i've got my fill of their live show, i'm skipping this tour. 

but if you're a fan and you've never seen them, by all means check out the show.  they always sound great and gary's between-song banter is hilarious, more often than not. 
<sig>

Got Haggis?

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 09:26:00 am »
I really don't like the direction Snow Patrol have taken....I like their earlier stuff much much better.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 11:13:11 am »
i've seen SP 4 times, and it's gotten progressively less and less interesting for me.  they're very efficient at doing what they do but they don't change it up much - if you've seen one SP show, you've seen them all.  i'm not a big fan of the new album so between that and the fact that i've got my fill of their live show, i'm skipping this tour. 

but if you're a fan and you've never seen them, by all means check out the show.  they always sound great and gary's between-song banter is hilarious, more often than not. 

I agree that you don't need to see them more than once (they play the same setlist, tell the same stories, etc. every night - it gets boring after one show), but they are definitely worth seeing at least once, esp. if she's a fan and esp since they've just gotten tighter and better at the whole live thing...they used to sound dreadful live.
PANTS

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 11:17:04 am »
snow patrol is the worst scottish band ever.  and i love scottish bands.  i like that Beyonce cover though....

musiclovr89

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 05:04:54 am »
Oh wow. sounds like there's more negativity to their shows. I know I'll have to check them out at least once. I really want to. seems like everytime I go to buy those tickets, it's sold out. but anyway, the other day my friend sent me this e-mail to show me this article about gary's favorite bands at
http://www.filter-mag.com/index.php?id=17983&c=1. i was surprised that he likes a couple of the bands I really like which I thought was pretty cool.