Author Topic: really large people should have to buy 2 tickets  (Read 22599 times)

Relaxer

Re: really large people should have to buy 2 tickets
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 02:49:10 pm »

This is exactly how I imagine Julian every morning, except there would be a television on in the background
oword

walkonby

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 02:53:33 pm »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 03:25:50 pm »
then the jews (they horde all the money)

then the blacks (they shoot everyone)

then the whites (they want everything perfect)

then the arabs (they will terrorize you)

then midgets (they are just plain weird)

then geeks (not popular enough)

then jocks (too popular)

then the bisexuals (will they just make up their fucking minds)

then ......
So basically we'll only have gay Hispanic middle-aged people left. Will Morrissey be named world ruler?
Ew, please no.
‼‼?‼‼

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 03:45:50 pm »
Re: Tall people, if they get there earlier than you, and secure a spot in front of you at the barricade, then tough shit. You should've been there earlier, and maybe you shouldn't align yourself directly behind somebody 6'4. Deal.
Woof.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 04:01:28 pm »
Re: Tall people, if they get there earlier than you, and secure a spot in front of you at the barricade, then tough shit. You should've been there earlier, and maybe you shouldn't align yourself directly behind somebody 6'4. Deal.

well said. I was just asked by someone to move so that they could see saying that they were too short. oh hell no. at 5'1" where on earth would i have moved to.

a lot of my guy friends are 6' + and people ask them to move all the time. but why would you stand behind someone 6'4" and complain all night and proceed to kick them. he certainly wont move then.
HeyLa

walkonby

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 04:08:49 pm »
i like the guy who goes to jam shows that i've seen a few times.  older dude with cane, who likes to play air guitar with it and sometimes puts it on his head for some reason.  he's the king of "you're in my way."

twangirl

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 04:32:11 pm »

One time I went to Chicago to see 16 Horsepower, I think at Schuba's. I got there way early and parked myself next to the sound booth. When the show was about to start a really tall guy came up and announced to me that he was going to stand in front of me. I said Like hell you are, I've been here for half an hour and you're at least a foot taller than I am. So he stepped in front of me, completely blocking my view. So I stepped in front of him and glared up at him until he left. I was kind of hoping he'd lay a hand on me so I could get him thrown out. What an asshole.

eltee

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 05:08:34 pm »
I have no problem if someone tall wants to secure a spot. I don't go early and I don't go in front. I merely want to get a glimpse of the artist and I will take care of myself in order to see, or not. My only complaint is when it's obvious that if someone can't see, and another person (tall in this scenario) is clearly making sure others cannot.  Ala Seinfeld, spare a square inch, ya know?
(or, when it's obvious that a person is just that tall, they could see from any spot, maybe they can deal;))

Sorry, for the hijack, but my comparison could be the same for someone w/ a wide girth and/or stance.
One show stands out to me: Travis at the club a few years ago - this guy wouldn't let another guy, who was physically challenged, through the crowded section of the upstairs bar. He kept trying to go around him, but the rude guy was shifting in front of him on purpose. Grrr...still gets my goat.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 05:14:01 pm by El Tee »