Author Topic: NY Times on the club  (Read 2785 times)

hemisphire

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: NY Times on the club
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 04:13:15 pm »
huh:

what really makes the space work is its stage on wheels. When an act draws less than the 1,200 capacity the stage is adjusted, and the room always feels cozy and rocking.

didn't know, nor even notice, that - neat. 
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 04:25:49 pm »
I remember going to a Will Oldham show about 10 years ago with a buddy, and when we walked in, I said something to the effect of "Am I really stoned or is the stage way the hell out on the floor?" Thing is, my buddy replied "Well, you are really stoned" so we stood there in awkward silence for a few minutes before talking about something else like sports.
oword

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 07:41:01 pm »
I don't think they roll it forward that often (staph, correct me if I'm wrong)... it doesn't seem like they have that many shows these days that are small enough to require that.

It's weird that the newspaper of record for a city that has always regarded us as a backwater is writing so much about DC these days...   we must really have arrived (or they've departed).
_\|/_

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 09:07:31 pm »
I don't think they roll it forward that often (staph, correct me if I'm wrong)... it doesn't seem like they have that many shows these days that are small enough to require that.

It's weird that the newspaper of record for a city that has always regarded us as a backwater is writing so much about DC these days...   we must really have arrived (or they've departed).

maybe they like the fact that azag is promoting so many shows there.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 11:25:41 am »

Inauguration.

It'll be back to normal soon.
(o|o)

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 03:17:12 pm »
I went to quite a few shows where the stage was moved up last year.
احمد