Author Topic: James Morrison Rollcall with Bonus DJ Setlist  (Read 5632 times)

azaghal1981

Re: James Morrison Rollcall
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 03:18:28 pm »
I went in with low expectations but left fairly impressed.
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: James Morrison Rollcall with Bonus DJ Setlist
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 03:25:48 pm »
really?  it didn't sound like the regular album track.  and yeah, the feeling's awesome.  bought tickets for the (really crappy) matt kearney show a couple years ago @ the 930 and the feeling was listed as the 2nd opener on the website, but when i got there (late) they had been switched to the first opener.  i was really annoyed.  especially because matt kearney was sooooooooo boring.

I have rather embarrassing story about finding out about the Feeling.  Basically, I bought the CD in the UK a couple years ago without looking into whether or not it had  come out here,  thought I'd stumbled upon ahead of curve but alas not so much...

If you like the Feeling I suggest checking out the new Roger Joseph Manning Jr CD,  a couple of tracks into listening to it and it's got that same 70s soft rock influenced vocals and hooks with rock elements sound.  He of course was a member of Jellyfish who if you haven't heard are highly recommended as well..
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 03:32:44 pm »
Since I spend most of the evening in the DJ booth, my field report is inconclusive but would say the crowd was primarily in their Twenties with possibly a 60/40 split between Female to Male, lots of SOs probably in tow...   I suspect the next time he comes through town the Ellen Show factor will have kicked in and the ages range goes up a bit and the venue will be larger.  No comment on the ILF factor, to many winter coats to make a proper determination...
T.Rex

Christine Moritz

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 03:34:34 pm »
The Bamboos featuring Megan Washington - King Of The Rodeo

Belleruche - Scratch My Soul

Tru Thoughts label in the house!!

:)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop