Author Topic: The Raveonettes Poster  (Read 3002 times)

El Jefe Design

The Raveonettes Poster
« on: January 19, 2009, 11:57:52 am »

Was asked to do a poster for The Raveonettes show last Saturday night at the Black Cat. My wife and I do not get out as much anymore but ventured through the traffic and were blown away by them. A short set but energetic and fun. I spoke to Sune afterwards, who was extraordinarily polite and nice, and he mentioned they were doing a new record and tour in the fall. He also was patient as he signed a few posters for me.

I heard all the posters put up were ripped down so here is what it looked like. You can see details at my site, www.eljefedesign.com.

Vas Deferens

Re: The Raveonettes Poster
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 12:02:22 pm »
agreed, it was an amazing show. Glad they went on late as I had to park 6 blocks away after the Adele show at the 930 (I should have just left my car where it was!!!)...great night overall.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:04:27 pm by Everybody Knows it's JOE »
(_|_)

Tom Servo

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 12:25:09 pm »
Great poster.  Did anyone ever find out why the set was so short? 

El Jefe Design

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:37:31 pm »
Sharin is touring with her baby so that may be the reason. from what I understand is they got there, sound checked, went back to the hotel, came back a few minutes before they were to come on, and then she left almost right after they performed. Still, it was short but awesome.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 12:43:50 pm »
For $15 and no service charges, I can't complain about an hour set...
(_|_)

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 01:37:33 pm »
I thought it was a really great show, even better than the NYC show just a day before.

Also, we got Here Comes Mary and My Tornado, which weren't done at Webster Hall. (But they got a new song I can't remember and Blush.)

I've also got to say that this was my favorite time seeing them, as the drums sounded SO much fuller, they had an additional bass player to fill in the sound, the vocals were right up front in the mix, and they seemed to be genuinely having a good time. I could've heard "You Want the Candy", though.

--

Back to the poster, are there any more available? I'd totally buy one.
Woof.

El Jefe Design

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 01:58:18 pm »
On the site. we have a gold or silver version available. Thanks.

Samantha

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 05:15:46 pm »
Sharin is touring with her baby so that may be the reason. from what I understand is they got there, sound checked, went back to the hotel, came back a few minutes before they were to come on, and then she left almost right after they performed. Still, it was short but awesome.

I was wondering about the baby!  Damn, that must be crazy.  She's brave.  Didn't seem to phase her though, she seemed more upbeat than I've seen her before.

I still think this band is fairly boring live.  But they get better each time, this last show was definitely the best.