Author Topic: Jay-Z is charging HOW MUCH??!??! Oh, then there's Ticketmaster...  (Read 22258 times)

Firebutt McGee

Re: Jay-Z is charging HOW MUCH??!??! Oh, then there's Ticketmaster...
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2009, 06:29:13 pm »
LOVE that 99 Problems/Buddy Holly mix.
Woof.

Sage 703

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2009, 11:48:18 am »
So this was awesome.

But I'll defer to the Washington Post:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postrock/2009/01/live_last_night_jay-z.html

heather

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2009, 05:03:53 pm »
Thirded. I ended up seathopping into the Orchestra ($500/ticket land) and whoa, he gave 3000%. I also LOVED that we got his live verse on that "My President is Black" song, and that he basically did a greatest-hits show. Only thing missing really was "Hola Hovito", "Feelin It", and "Change Clothes".

Also, yes to Beyonce, double yes to Mary J Blige!

And according to the written setlist, he was expecting Nas and John Legend to come out as well. Wow.
Woof.

walkonby

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2009, 12:53:06 pm »
wow beyonce.  what's next, throwing your cell phone at your assistant, or being afraid of dolphins?

http://music.msn.com/hotgossip/1-21-09_2/?gt1=28102
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 01:10:09 pm by walkonby »

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 01:07:55 pm »
the director left me a great voice mail about him getting backstage at this show...
(o|o)

walkonby

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2009, 01:14:43 pm »
the director left me a great voice mail about him getting backstage at this show...

who is this guy?  when i met him at a show and talked some, he seemed like the most outgoing, nicest, full of over energy person that i have ever met.  a real social parade!  but he said that his dj-ing was doing "ok" and not really many gigs.  now he touring with u2, inspiring tom waits, and rubbing elbows with jay z???  very interesting.

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2009, 02:33:15 pm »
Doesn't he also sell coke at the Rock and Roll Hotel?

who is this guy?  when i met him at a show and talked some, he seemed like the most outgoing, nicest, full of over energy person that i have ever met.  a real social parade!  but he said that his dj-ing was doing "ok" and not really many gigs.  now he touring with u2, inspiring tom waits, and rubbing elbows with jay z???  very interesting.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2009, 02:54:30 pm »

who is this guy?  when i met him at a show and talked some, he seemed like the most outgoing, nicest, full of over energy person that i have ever met.  a real social parade!

uh, that's pretty much thedirector in a nutshell.  time spent with him has a funny way of turning in to a good story.  he's bombastic but he can back it up.  he also has a killer collection of shades.

but he said that his dj-ing was doing "ok" and not really many gigs.  now he touring with u2, inspiring tom waits, and rubbing elbows with jay z???  very interesting.

a crazy story indeed.  best part was snubbing lars ulrich so he could continue chatting with waits :D
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2009, 02:59:04 pm »
plus the only person i have ever met, who buys three beers at a show at once: one in each hand, and one in his mouth where he tilts his head back to drink it.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2009, 03:57:39 pm »
plus the only person i have ever met, who buys three beers at a show at once: one in each hand, and one in his mouth where he tilts his head back to drink it.

I've never seen him do this, but it doesn't surprise me in the least.   The Director needs to return to us.

heather

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 04:46:35 pm »
maybe it's cause i'm a total introvert (and weird), but i'd be terrified to go backstage!!  sounds like TheDirector has plenty of good stories though, and any man who "triple fists" is cool in my book.... i'd pay to see that move.  where's the petition so we can get him back here as a contributing boardie?

about this show again....

i was in the upper balcony sitting patiently when mayor fenty rolled in with his entourage just after 9.  he got an okay reaction from the crowd.  it was funny to see people trip over themselves just for a photo op.  more than anything, i was impressed that he stayed the duration of the show!

i've grown tired of mary j blige over the last several years, but she added something special to the show.  and hearing "real love" live for the first time since she opened for jodeci at constitution hall back in 93 (?) was sweet!