Author Topic: Live Nation Ticketing Kiosks in Blockbusters?  (Read 4313 times)

dave24

Live Nation Ticketing Kiosks in Blockbusters?
« on: January 27, 2009, 05:29:03 pm »
Has anyone happened upon a list of which area Blockbuster stores will have these kiosks?  I saw a list of New England stores.  But, I haven't been able to find any others.

I'm curious.  The last kiosks like this were the Protix ones in Safeways nearly 15 years ago.

Of course - you have to wonder if they're going to come up with another fee just to pay for the kiosks.  Nonetheless...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Live Nation Ticketing Kiosks in Blockbusters?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 05:46:53 pm »
There's 2 near where I live but none have this kiosk. Don't Macy's have Ticketmaster kiosks? Or at least they used to.

Or was it JCPenny...
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 05:50:25 pm »
Has anyone happened upon a list of which area Blockbuster stores will have these kiosks?  I saw a list of New England stores.  But, I haven't been able to find any others.

I'm curious.  The last kiosks like this were the Protix ones in Safeways nearly 15 years ago.

Of course - you have to wonder if they're going to come up with another fee just to pay for the kiosks.  Nonetheless...

maybe it'll be something similar to olsen's (RIP) being an outlet for tickets.com...

i doubt they'll need another fee.  i suspect blockbuster will probably kick in for these since they create traffic for them.  there is no extra fees for using a phone rep, and the kiosks could potentially sell tickets faster than a phone rep so kiosks might be cheaper LN, on a per-ticket basis, than a phone rep.  i wonder if these kiosks will be staffed full-time, or only between 10 AM-1PM (i.e. during initial public onsale).

<channeling julian> i wonder what countries the employees of these in-store kiosks will be from... </julian>
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 05:56:23 pm »
<channeling julian> i wonder what countries the employees of these in-store kiosks will be from... </julian>

27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 05:57:32 pm »
Don't Macy's have Ticketmaster kiosks? Or at least they used to.

Or was it JCPenny...

Macy's
27>34

dave24

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 08:43:24 pm »
There's 2 near where I live but none have this kiosk. Don't Macy's have Ticketmaster kiosks? Or at least they used to.

Or was it JCPenny...

It's not the same as the machine at the outlets.  These are self-service kiosks.  Wolf Trap, when they were sold by Protix, had self-service kiosks in area Safeways.  I'm curious about Live Nation's.  They're popping up in about 550 stores in the country.

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 11:52:43 am »
i thought the internet killed the ticket outlet stars?

dave24

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 12:45:05 pm »
Apparently Live Nation is trying something they think is unique with these... will wait and see...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 12:54:44 pm »
I certainly hope they can't think these can be used for the sale of tickets for say U2 can they?  All it would take would be for a ticket broker to show up with several credit cards and some muscle to tie up machine for several sets of tickets.  Not to mention how much frustration could be generate if people at the front of the in buying tickets who aren't exactly speedy in the process.... Being a Blockbuster employee in those stores during big events sales would be rotten.

My guess is they are intended to be used to sell off remaining lawn seats during the summer...
T.Rex

dave24

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 01:00:57 pm »
It seems they intend to have exclusive blocks of seats in all price levels for the first four hours of sale.  Of course - just because you have tickets available in all price levels, doesn't mean they're the best...  we'll see...

dave24

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 01:05:33 pm »
Ok - it seems the first area store will be: 410 8th Street, SE