Author Topic: Slacks are the devil, please help!  (Read 12411 times)

vansmack

Re: Slacks are the devil, please help!
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 02:19:04 pm »
But please don't bother sending me yours.

Did you not me to send you my ironing or did you not want to know what my favorite household chore is?
27>34

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 02:21:10 pm »
I think navy trumps black.

You can wear a white shirt with navy, but with black you look like a waiter.

Yes, there are other button down colors you can wear with black, but may of them you can also do as good or better with navy (gray, lighter shades of blue).

About the only thing the black is good for that doesn't work with navy are light colored pastel type shirts.

But I suppose if you want to channel your inner Eurotrash or goth, black pants are the only way to go.

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 02:22:40 pm »
I don't want your ironing. But if you care to share your favorite household chore, I'm fine with it. But it is num's thread.

Did you not me to send you my ironing or did you not want to know what my favorite household chore is?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 02:28:58 pm »
the waiter thing has been a concern, but it's avoidable if the shirt isn't white.

But I suppose if you want to channel your inner Eurotrash

guilty  :-\
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 02:33:53 pm »
I don't want your ironing. But if you care to share your favorite household chore, I'm fine with it. But it is num's thread.

i like vacuuming
o/\o

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 02:38:26 pm »
Your wife is that good at it too?

i like vacuuming

godsshoeshine

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 03:02:38 pm »
hahahaha
o/\o

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 04:46:46 pm »
i'm about as far from the office world as you can get, but i wear dickies almost exclusively.  they are obviously perfect for the kind of work i do, but on the rare occasion that i need to look a little bit nicer, they do the job too.  they don't wrinkle, and as long as they are clean and not faded, they work as basic slacks too. 

i've never tried to get away with them with a coat of any kind, but have definitely pulled off shirt and tie, or a nice buttonup with a mandarin collar.  cheap, too.  they might be too casual for your work, but any time i wear anything other than a t shirt or jersey with them, i get complimented.  maybe my friends just have low standards for me.

my other "dress up" option may or may not work for you, depending on your confidence, how liberal your office is, and whether or not you have nice legs.  i have a couple of kilts that dress up pretty well.  not for everyone, but they sure as hell aren't slacks.  www.utilikilts.com has styles that vary in dressiness.

sonickteam2

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 07:22:24 pm »

my other "dress up" option may or may not work for you, depending on your confidence, how liberal your office is, and whether or not you have nice legs.  i have a couple of kilts that dress up pretty well.  not for everyone, but they sure as hell aren't slacks.  www.utilikilts.com has styles that vary in dressiness.

come on!!! how many times have you complimented me on my legs??? 

Dickie's are a good option, though.