Author Topic: Soft Complex May 1 - ROLL CALL  (Read 1315 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Soft Complex May 1 - ROLL CALL
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:05:40 am »
callat703 makes his triumphant return to the stage at the Black Cat this Saturday ... anyone else going?
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Soft Complex May 1 - ROLL CALL
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:32:34 pm »
yup, i'm in.  might even have the missus in tow.  i was at SoftC's last BC show (late 2008?) and i was thoroughly impressed. 

kosmo was kvetching that people should save their money and check out up-n-comers... here's a prime opportunity.

i might even do the scenester thing of leaving after the opening band ;D
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 02:30:01 pm »
There will always be a place for bands such as No Second Troy, groups that play old-fashioned rock songs built around a big chorus and heartfelt lyrics. The locals are celebrating the release of a new album, "Colors," that contains more of the melancholy rockers the quintet has been hammering out over its time together. As an added bonus there is the return of new wave rockers Soft Complex to open the bill. The band were semi-regulars in Nightlife Agenda back in 2006 or so but have been dormant for ages. And Saturday's show is their first since 2008. So come out to the Black Cat to see if they still can do dramatic, dancey, somewhat gloomy rock as well as they used to.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/goingoutgurus/2010/04/nightlife_agenda_103.html
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 02:56:44 pm »
tonight!  doors at 9 pm, so soft complex should be going on about 9:30 right?

hoya, i'll text you when i get there.
<sig>