Author Topic: Anyone here dealt with reckless driving?  (Read 4273 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Anyone here dealt with reckless driving?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 12:54:21 pm »
I think he just caught me in a bad moment, I was making a right and it was one of those banked turns without a stop sign and there was a giant pothole. I drive a Scion Xa and that pothole would have killed my poor little car, I swerved around it and popped it into 4th gear and he caught me. I swear I was going about 41 or 42 miles and hour. My stepdad is a cop and he says that those radar guns are usually a bit off, so I have that in my favor. And my stepdad is a cop, so I'll talk to him. If not I smell my insurance going up. Thanks for the advice.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Anyone here dealt with reckless driving?
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 01:20:02 pm »
I've been to traffic court in VA...after every shift when they give out tickets for speeding the cops go to get the radar gun tested (or maybe it gets calibrated before the shift) and then when you stand before the judge you'll hear them say "radar gun was tested accurate following shift blah blah blah".  Honesly, traffic court is a joke.  The people that i've seen get off are always these total drama queen girls that turn on the tears.  Seriously, these judges do hundreds of cases a day they are probably so fucking bored out of their minds they don't listen to what's being said. 

So I wouldn't count on the radar gun being off as being of much help.  Is your dad a cop in the couty it happened in?  Maybe he can help.

My brother in law is  a Ffx county cop and always tells me that if i get any traffic violations in ffx from a ffx cop (state troopers are another story) he can get them "taken care of" for me...but he always stresses he needs to know about it during the shift, so it's probably too late.....