Author Topic: 9:30 wins 3 major awards (congrats!)  (Read 2513 times)

Roger Music

9:30 wins 3 major awards (congrats!)
« on: February 25, 2008, 06:55:00 pm »
This was sent to me from someone who works for IMP.  Very good news!

9:30 CLUB WINS POLLSTAR AWARD

LEGENDARY D.C. VENUE NAMED NIGHTCLUB OF THE YEAR
  BY CONCERT INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS

WASHINGTON, D.C., and LOS ANGELES, Feb. 25, 2008 --The 9:30 Club just hit the trifecta, winning the top three national awards for nightclubs in as many months.  The latest: the 9:30 Club has been named Nightclub of the Year in the POLLSTAR Concert Industry Awards.

POLLSTAR, the industry??s leading concert trade publication, honored the 9:30 Club for its professionalism, achievements and abilities. The Pollstar Concert Industry Awards are determined through a vote of U.S. and international music business professionals.

??The 9:30 Club is all about the people who work there. It would really be nothing without them.  I can??t thank them enough,? said Seth Hurwitz, chairman of Bethesda, Md.-based I.M.P., the company that owns the 9:30 Club. ??I don??t think anyone gets tired of being appreciated.  This means a lot to us.?

As announced recently, the 9:30 Club also won the Top Club in the world award from Billboard Magazine and was named Most Attended Club in the Nation by POLLSTAR Magazine.

??The fact that we??re in D.C. and able to pull this off says a lot about our audience here, and their sophistication,? said Hurwitz. ??It??s a fantastic town to be working in.?

Smylie

Re: 9:30 wins 3 major awards (congrats!)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 06:56:00 pm »
awesome...and as someone who recently relocated here, well deserved

ggw

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 07:02:00 pm »
Did anyone forward this to Ike Leggett?

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 10:25:00 pm »
Congrats! Did anyone go to the awards? I went to the peapod benefit instead. I hate having to pick between 2 open bar events in one night.
xoxo

musiq_misstrust

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 11:30:00 pm »
I decided to contact Ike.  
 Below is his generic reply (ugh)

Date: February 25, 2008 4:17:14 PM EST
 Subject: Thank You

Thank you very much for communicating with me.

I have said that I want to keep what's working in Montgomery County and fix what isn't. Your feedback is critical to that process.

I wanted you to know that each piece of correspondence is reviewed on an individual basis to make sure that concerns receive my full consideration. Please accept this as acknowledgment that I have received your letter.

Again, thanks for contacting my office.

Isiah Leggett
 County Executive

If you are interested, send him your own message.  Maybe he might pull his head out of his ass when it comes to that bogus Live Nation deal in Silver Spring.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 11:03:00 am »
from the live nation emailer:

Hello Music Fans,

We are happy to inform you that we are currently working with local officials to establish a brand new Fillmore music venue right here in Silver Spring. This locally booked and operated venue will host an eclectic variety of live music including rock, latin, blues, jazz, folk, country and spoken word, and will feature some of the world??s biggest stars as well as brand new artists and local favorites.

As those of you who have visited the original Fillmore in San Francisco already know, the club??s ambience will pay homage to some of the greatest legends in music history, while also reflecting the local music history of Silver Spring and the surrounding area. From its signature deep red walls, vintage posters, chandeliers and rich wood flooring, to the barrel of free apples at the entrance, seeing a show at The Fillmore without a doubt provides for one of the best fan experiences available.

The Fillmore Silver Spring will continue the long tradition of Live Nation bringing great music to our area for so many years: from The Cellar Door and The Bayou to the Ram??s Head, Warner Theatre and the Nissan Pavilion, all in a brand new, state-of-the-art venue. What??s more, The Fillmore Silver Spring will showcase local artists, host community events and partner with some of our neighbors like AFI and Discovery to bring unique entertainment offerings to our community. Silver Spring deserves a world class music venue and we couldn??t be more excited to grow our presence in the area.

If you are as excited as we are about this new opportunity to experience live entertainment in such a special setting, you can let your local elected officials know. Just click the link below to send an email to the Council President to show your support for The Fillmore Silver Spring: county.council@montgomerycountymd.gov

From your neighbor and fellow music fan,

Ted Mankin
 Live Nation

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 11:26:00 am »
Hello Music Fans,

We are happy to inform you that we are currently working with local officials who aren't on the take to establish a brand music venue in Silver Spring. This locally booked and operated venue will  host the great live music that you've already come to expect from I.M.P. and the 9:30 club.  

Since the character of the new and old 9:30 clubs can never just be duplicated or franchised, we will work hard to create our own new legendary club that people from generations to come will want to attend shows at.  

The new I.M.P. run club in Silver Silver will expand it's   awarding winning tradition of bringing great music to the area.  

Seth
 Your real neighbor
T.Rex