Author Topic: APW Festival  (Read 16016 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: APW Festival
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2008, 12:50:00 pm »
that, and/or which one to choose.  can't be two places at once  :)

personally, i'm definitely doing APW on friday and am strongly considering saturday.  so depending on the VFest line-up, i could be at pimlico sat + sun, sun only, or not at all.
<sig>

RonniStar

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2008, 04:19:00 pm »
Boy, this changes everything. Virgin Mobile Festival is on the same weekend as APW festival, yet they don't have lineup already. What acts will Virgin Fest, known as Virgin Mobile Fest, get this year. It shaping up to be an interesting summer concert season.

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2008, 04:27:00 pm »
Do the bands get paid THAT much more for playing a full set as opposed to showing up and doing a shorter set, or is limiting the bands and having them play a full set yet another way for greedy promoters to make more money?

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  xNWx - if you buy single-day passes for friday and saturday (skip sunday's jack-johnson-o-thon), that brings it down to $200 with all the fees.  dunno if that's any less scary for ya.

Originally posted by lomein:
  $258 for this?
 I hope they're planning on some heavy additions.
supposedly not.  they might add a band or two to each day, but the idea is to have all performers do full sets - which means they can't pack too much more into the lineup. [/b]

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by RonniStar:
 Virgin Mobile Festival is on the same weekend as APW festival, yet they don't have lineup already.
i'm wondering if this isn't forcing IMP's hand to reveal their line-up earlier than they wanted to... they should do it soon, before too many people start committing to APW (like buying tickets, which go on sale tomorrow).

kinda crazy that it's february, yet i'm planning for festivals in *august*.  i only started planning for coachella 4 months beforehand, and that included arranging flights and hotels.
<sig>

Christine Moritz

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2008, 06:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

kinda crazy that it's february, yet i'm planning for festivals in *august*.  i only started planning for coachella 4 months beforehand, and that included arranging flights and hotels. [/b]
On a tangential note... do you think it's too late now to start planning for Coachella?  Or would I still have time?

I am thinking that since there's no guarantee that Portishead is going to do a U.S. tour, I should either try to catch them in London on April 17 (tickets currently going for $120 -- ouch!), or go to Coachella.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2008, 07:57:00 pm »
FYI, there was a fanclub presale today and one-day tickets for friday and saturday went relatively quickly.  anyone thinking of single-day passes probably should grab them sooner rather than later (on sale is this saturday).  i doubt they'll be gone right away, but they won't last too long (i.e. a few days, methinks).  sucks that we don't have the VFest line-up, so no way to gauge the alternative/competition.

Originally posted by Christine Moritz:
 On a tangential note... do you think it's too late now to start planning for Coachella?  Or would I still have time?
coachella now is still doable, espcially since this year isn't a sell-out yet and probably won't be.  PM me if you'd like a hotel recommendation, this place didn't advertize online and actually still had vacancy last year when we arrived for the festival (all hotels in indio will be spendy, fyi - "festival prices").  airfare should still be reasonable - fly into ontario airport if you can, cheap and closest major airport.
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2009, 02:53:48 pm »
Just got this ..

HeyLa

Vas Deferens

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 02:57:14 pm »
It is rumoured that Bjork and Coldplay will be playing APW.
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2009, 02:57:25 pm »
matt pinfield is still alive?!
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2009, 03:19:45 pm »
It is rumoured that Bjork and Coldplay will be playing APW.

and Tom Waits.

although isnt he always rumoured to be playing these festivals

Borealis

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2009, 01:17:16 pm »
anyone is going to this festival in NYC from DC?

i can offer a free ride
and just may be you can offer a place to stay?

Line - UP

http://www.apwfestival.com/lineup/