Author Topic: Vfest Montreal  (Read 4807 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Vfest Montreal
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 09:41:04 am »
do you people think you are the only people on earth??  Like, if its not bands you like, then it it crap?

This is clearly a pop festival.  But its just like any other. Its got the big "now" headliners, BEP, its got the wicked cool reunion group NKOTB.  then its got big name Akon, Canadian pop-punk gods Simple Plan, Canadian Idol winner Eva Aliva, plus other semi-popular Canadian acts. 

I understand, the music sucks it, and i hope none of this comes to Baltimore, but saying that whoever planned this lineup knows nothing about music, or suggesting these bands wont sell tickets, is insane.

you know better than that sweetcell.

wml7

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 10:07:25 am »
Seth will have NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Menudo, and Creed.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 11:16:19 am »
yes, i recognize that tastes here don't match those of the much larger mainstream; and no, i'm still of the opinion that this festival won't sell very well.  this caliber of line-up does indeed appeal to the masses, but these aren't the kind of people who are going to pay typical festival prices to attend such a festival in large numbers.  this line-up, spread over two days, will need a low ticket price to attract people.  all IMO.

UPDATE: "Virgin Festival Montreal takes place June 19 and 20 at Jean Drapeau Park. Tickets cost $75 per day, $133.50 for both days."  i just don't see this selling very well.

i look forward to seeing what the attendance numbers are, maybe i'm completely wrong. 
<sig>

MonkeyPants

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 11:41:00 am »
I don't know.  NKOTB ticket prices were about that for one show if you got the good seats (based on research, not experience), BEP have the #1 pop song in the country.  I'm sure they'll add some other craptacular groups to the lineup.  Seems like the potential audience would think these ticket prices are a steal.  It's about money, not about knowing anything about music.
PANTS

nkotb

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 11:47:10 am »
I'll give a performance for a third of that ticket price.  You can check with these satisfied customers:

• Joe Marshmellow
  • Kurosawa
  • Poor Lulu

I don't know.  NKOTB ticket prices were about that for one show if you got the good seats (based on research, not experience), BEP have the #1 pop song in the country.  I'm sure they'll add some other craptacular groups to the lineup.  Seems like the potential audience would think these ticket prices are a steal.  It's about money, not about knowing anything about music.