Author Topic: Ghost/Magik Markers roll call!!!!!!!!  (Read 4281 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Ghost/Magik Markers roll call!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 04:09:13 pm »
Oh and Elisa from the Magik Markers is probably the most personable and down-to-earth musician I've had the pleasure of interacting with.
احمد

teepo

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 04:16:08 pm »
it was sorta how i expected it to be. i saw them a little over two years ago for the first time at rock and roll hotel and it was a non stop assault on my eardrums from beginning to end. they used very few crescendos, and when they did, it wasn't as drawn out and filled with cheese as it was on the 10th anniversary date. overall though, when mono played their heaviest, it was fantastic and managed to raise the hairs all over my body. then again, i didn't mainly go to see mono, but to hear arvo part's new symphony, which ended up being pretty damn good.

anyhow, did they close the velvet lounge set with dominoes (could be wrong with this one), followed with an encore of a killer drawn out version of armiac barbarous dawn and grisaille? by far the highlight of the year right there for me.

azaghal1981

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 04:19:17 pm »
They closed the set with the short album version of Aramaic Barbarous Dawn.  The encore was Motherly Bluster and Comin' Home.

Now there's a band that changes setlists every night!

Joe, let's do one of the southern dates. ;D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:08:09 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 04:27:46 pm »
Oh look...

Tuesday, May 12Asheville, NC           Grey Eagle Tavern & Music            (w/
Magik Markers )

Honestly wouldn't think twice about going if I had a ride.
احمد