Author Topic: Post's David Malitz dissents on Grizzly Bear  (Read 2065 times)

bellenseb

Post's David Malitz dissents on Grizzly Bear
« on: May 27, 2009, 09:53:05 am »
Seriously, he might be the only semi-prominent critic to actually admit to disliking Grizzly Bear, and for that I salute him. I still remember being utterly bored/annoyed as the labored post-rock moaning began after a terrific Papercuts set a few years back at the Black Cat.

Review

Please Explain To Me...Grizzly Bear

Sage 703

Re: Post's David Malitz dissents on Grizzly Bear
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:21:54 am »
Seriously, he might be the only semi-prominent critic to actually admit to disliking Grizzly Bear, and for that I salute him. I still remember being utterly bored/annoyed as the labored post-rock moaning began after a terrific Papercuts set a few years back at the Black Cat.

Review

Please Explain To Me...Grizzly Bear

Completely agree with Malitz.  Props to him for saying it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 11:35:21 am »
ditto.  good stuff, david (i believe that he reads this board from time to time...)

i was on the rail for radiohead's camden show and had to endure GB's opening set.  i can say it was better than liars, who were down-right awful IMO.  GB was ok, had some nice twinkley melodies... but how the hell these guys are getting album-of-the-year accolades is beyond me.  you'd swear you're not allowed not liking them, if you're a member of the press.
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 11:47:44 am »
Haven't you noticed that Malitz is basically J. Free's hatchet man?  Wilco, Radiohead, Grizzly Bear, etc...