Author Topic: Killers Merriweather presale, worthless  (Read 2183 times)

danrezzy

Killers Merriweather presale, worthless
« on: May 29, 2009, 03:05:42 pm »
On Wednesday I got an email with password for presale tickets for Killers at Merriweather, with presale tickets going on sale at 10 AM on Thursday. So I went on line early Thursday (10 or 11 AM) and only pretty bad seats were available in the main seating section, even after lots of searching, like in row OO. So I thought that I would just wait for the general public sale hoping that better tickets would be available in the main seating. This morning went on line at 10 AM (general public sale) and got MUCH BETTER seats than were avialable on the presale, at the same price.  What gives?!  I would have been really bummed if I had bought bad seats in the presale only to find that I could have gotten much better seats in the general public sale.  If the presale tickets available aren't as good as the general public tickets then what's the point of it?  To sell all of the bad seats?!

gaaaaaaaaah

Re: Killers Merriweather presale, worthless
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 03:17:46 pm »
Pre-sales are almost always a random selection of seats, and not necessarily the best seats.

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 05:04:41 pm »
  If the presale tickets available aren't as good as the general public tickets then what's the point of it?  To sell all of the bad seats?!

For piece of mind. 

If you think the show will sell out, but pre-sale seats, and then I almost always try during the regular sale to see if I can get better seats.  If I can, I do and I sell the other ones I bought (for face value) to a friend or someone on this board. 
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 09:09:39 pm »
On Wednesday I got an email with password for presale tickets for Killers at Merriweather, with presale tickets going on sale at 10 AM on Thursday. So I went on line early Thursday (10 or 11 AM)

dunno if  you're new to buying concert tickets but the good seats are gone within seconds.  you can't mosey on in, take your time, show up an hour late, and hope to get anything decent.  sounds like you did a better job of getting there on time for the public sale - and look what happened.

also, only a small percentage (typically 10% or less) are available during presales.  and the most interested fans show up for the presale, at times resulting in more people (per available ticket) showing up for the presale than the general on sale.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 09:28:19 pm »
strange how with widespread panic, their "pre sale" before onsale to public sale nabs you the best seats everytime.  that is the point of taking the time to go to their website, checking it semi reg for updates, being there before the casuals, logging in, being quick . . . and all that.

oh that's right, widespread has the experience fine tuned to a science for the fans.