Author Topic: The Orb postponed (?)  (Read 1652 times)

betao

The Orb postponed (?)
« on: June 02, 2009, 12:40:44 am »
They're doing the full US tour and everything; this is up on the venue's website for the Seattle show:

"Due to personal reasons, the upcoming tour for The Orb will be postponed. All within the camp are looking forward to making their long anticipated return to the US and plan to deliver nothing less than an experience their fans deserve. With a new album on the horizon, The Orb hope to provide newly rescheduled dates as soon as possible and are excited about what is to come.

Refunds at point of purchase"

Seth, or to whomever it may concern, I'll be in the DC area on Friday night. Any chance you guys will be offering refunds to the 9:30 gig by then?

walkonby

Re: The Orb postponed (?)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 02:45:52 pm »
i do feel bad for those who bought tickets already and made plans . . .  but coming to dc on july 4 wasn't my idea of a good time. 

spiggums

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:12:07 pm »
i do feel bad for those who bought tickets already and made plans . . .  but coming to dc on july 4 wasn't my idea of a good time. 

ratified...

I was really into going to this show... until I saw the date... getting anywhere from my place (Pentagon City) on the fourth is a pain in my ass...

betao

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:46:49 pm »
I was actually going to start a thread asking if anyone had some tips on getting around to the venue on the 4th.

The crowd would have been perfect at the show - only the dedicated fans would have shown up to a show on the 4th of july.

Christine Moritz

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 04:16:27 pm »
The crowd would have been perfect at the show - only the dedicated fans would have shown up to a show on the 4th of july.
Heh heh -- you've got a point there!

I had been looking forward to this show... but at least this means I can now go see Fort Knox Five at the Black Cat that night.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 04:41:52 pm »
buzzkill
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 04:49:54 pm »
I was actually going to start a thread asking if anyone had some tips on getting around to the venue on the 4th.

oh yeah, that's just what seth wants.  sell as little tickets as possible so the show seems "hip for hip people."

betao

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 04:57:14 pm »

oh yeah, that's just what seth wants.  sell as little tickets as possible so the show seems "hip for hip people."

well, thats what would have happened. any act that plays a show on the 4th of july in DC will play to a smaller crowd of more dedicated fans. i would have absolutely loved to experience the orb in that scenario.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 10:06:15 pm »
what were the skies like when you were young?
(o|o)