Author Topic: Doves set list  (Read 1859 times)

Sir HC

Doves set list
« on: June 07, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »
Jetstream
Snowden
Winter hill
Rise
Pounding
Almost forgot
10:03
Denier
Kingdom of rust
Ambition
Black & White
The Outsiders
Caught By
----encore----
Firesuite
Here it comes
Last Broadcast
The fear
-----encore2----
Not sure but something space song

As not a Doves fan from the album I bought (Last Broadcast), this show converted me.  It sounded great, was very well mixed, and the songs kept me hooked.  I found "the last broadcast" very low end lacking, but this show had that, and it made all the difference.  Rambo is the man!

eros

Re: Doves set list
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:33:44 am »
The last song is called "Space Face" and was from their previous incarnation as Sub Sub.

I liked the show, though I wish they would have done more from Lost Souls.
ʎɐʍou

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 03:27:18 pm »
Glad to hear it was good. I have a boot of theirs from 06 where they play David Gough's Disillusion with him on stage. God, that would be incredible if they played that more often, but I'm sure it was a one-off thing.

DAMN IT!

Mabdul Doobakus

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:52:58 pm »
I'm moving to DC for a year (lived in Miami for most of my life), and this was my first time at the 9:30 Club.  The show was awesome.  I love this place already...great sound, enthusiastic crowd.  No smoking in the club.  Shows that start on time.  And outside, a guy being led around on a leash by a girl in leather.  Who could ask for anything more?

This show really sold me on the new album.  I like all their albums, but the new songs really had a lot of energy live.  Would've been interesting to hear House of Mirrors.