Author Topic: stanley cup finals  (Read 5019 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: stanley cup finals
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 07:41:06 pm »
Smackie - and you wonder where I've been? I see this 'bored' is still full of ignorant pricks for the most part. I would love to meet arseholes like this in person and see if they're as brave face to face.

I'll say it again: Go fuck yourself, jerkoff. You're just another wanna-be, bandwagon-hopping asshole who clames to "LOVE" hockey because he became a Caps fan in the last two years, but in the same post proves he doesn't have a fucking clue what he's talking about. Both the games on Versus and NBC had record ratings (http://www.freep.com/article/20090608/SPORTS05/90608096/1048/SPORTS/Game+4+ratings+highest+for+Stanley+Cup+finals+since+2002) (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?id=4228726) (http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424850). Traditionally drawing 1/4 to 1/3 of competing NBA playoff games, Game 4 had almost half of the NBA Finals (http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/stanley-cup-game-7-trounces-competition-in-us-tv-viewership/).

And in the same fucking breath, you claim to "love hockey," but then bitch about finding it hard to stay awake during Game fucking Seven? You don't love hockey. Game fucking Seven of the Finals is the pinnacle of professional hockey. It is the most tense 60 minutes in the sport. It is the agony and the ecstasy, both tradition in the handshake and the presentation of the Cup and Conn Smythe on the ice (the sport that started both tradition amongst the three other sports), and the most gut wrenching 60 minutes of action any fan watches the whole year. And yet, it was boring the fuck out of you. Some fan who "loves hockey" you are. Next time, try not to drink too much wine before Game 7.

It gets even better. Bitching about Detroit vs. Pittsburgh, two of the most traditional, die-hard hockey markets in the country and enough storylines to keep the fucktards who write The Reliable Source column in the Post busy, you yearn for...wait for it...TAMPA/COLUMBUS?!??!?!?!?! Are you fucking kidding?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) How to know a pompous asshole who claims to "love hockey" is just a poser who doesn't have a fucking clue: He bitches about ratings and then, in the same breath, clamors for Tampa/Columbus. And then the same conference matchup in the Finals. Bwahahaha.

More evidence you don't "love hockey," as you claim. True hockey fans couldn't give a shit if the sport goes "mainstream." In fact, I wish it was less mainstream so bandwagon hopping fucktards like yourself wouldn't take up all the tickets when the local team gets hot. I'd go if the team was .500, unless most of the "fans" in this fucking city. As long as I have Versus on cable, I have the Caps on CSN, the NHL Network for Hockey Night in Canada, the Wednesday TSN games, and the college hockey broadcasts on both the NHL Network and the Fox College Sports channels, and I'll probably go to five games a year. I'm perfectly fine with the sports maintaining "niche" status. In case you haven't heard, except in Phoenix and the other sun belt cities, NHL teams are doing just fine at the box office. That's niche enough for me.

Finally, true fans who "love" hockey, especially if they are male, aren't drinking wine before or during the game.

Not sure of your age but going by your writing abilities I was a Caps season ticket holder when you were still a dribble on your mothers inner thigh. You'd have to be a true fan back in the day when you had to fight the traffic to Landover to watch them.

All wine drinkers are fags now are they? More evidence of your age mentality.

My boredom was with the two teams involved you moron. Anyone with any history of a being a Caps fan has a viceral hatred for the mullet donning flightless birds.

I'm done with this prick...BTW, your momma says don't fuck your sister in the ass anymore, it makes your dick taste like shit.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 08:37:26 pm »
Wow.  Nice one.  That was a serious smackdown.

BTW, even with selling out nearly every single game, the Caps still operated at a loss this year (and I don't have facts in front of me but I'd venture to say many team that sell loads of tickets are not in the black since all TV $$ is shared).  All their season tickets are sold out for next year, and they don't expect to turn a profit then, either.

So unless you want to see the NHL go belly up sometime in the future all you elitests out there (i'm talking to you thousand made up loves) better be grateful for every new fan that gets turned on to hockey.  Because the real road to prosperity in the NHL lies in a juicy TV contract, which they won't get if hockey is a "niche" sport.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:52:24 pm by chaz »

walkonby

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 08:38:11 pm »

wml7

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 08:56:57 pm »
meow

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 09:07:30 pm »
Smackie - and you wonder where I've been? I see this 'bored' is still full of ignorant pricks for the most part. I would love to meet arseholes like this in person and see if they're as brave face to face.

I'll say it again: Go fuck yourself, jerkoff. You're just another wanna-be, bandwagon-hopping asshole who clames to "LOVE" hockey because he became a Caps fan in the last two years, but in the same post proves he doesn't have a fucking clue what he's talking about. Both the games on Versus and NBC had record ratings (http://www.freep.com/article/20090608/SPORTS05/90608096/1048/SPORTS/Game+4+ratings+highest+for+Stanley+Cup+finals+since+2002) (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?id=4228726) (http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424850). Traditionally drawing 1/4 to 1/3 of competing NBA playoff games, Game 4 had almost half of the NBA Finals (http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/stanley-cup-game-7-trounces-competition-in-us-tv-viewership/).

And in the same fucking breath, you claim to "love hockey," but then bitch about finding it hard to stay awake during Game fucking Seven? You don't love hockey. Game fucking Seven of the Finals is the pinnacle of professional hockey. It is the most tense 60 minutes in the sport. It is the agony and the ecstasy, both tradition in the handshake and the presentation of the Cup and Conn Smythe on the ice (the sport that started both tradition amongst the three other sports), and the most gut wrenching 60 minutes of action any fan watches the whole year. And yet, it was boring the fuck out of you. Some fan who "loves hockey" you are. Next time, try not to drink too much wine before Game 7.

It gets even better. Bitching about Detroit vs. Pittsburgh, two of the most traditional, die-hard hockey markets in the country and enough storylines to keep the fucktards who write The Reliable Source column in the Post busy, you yearn for...wait for it...TAMPA/COLUMBUS?!??!?!?!?! Are you fucking kidding?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) How to know a pompous asshole who claims to "love hockey" is just a poser who doesn't have a fucking clue: He bitches about ratings and then, in the same breath, clamors for Tampa/Columbus. And then the same conference matchup in the Finals. Bwahahaha.

More evidence you don't "love hockey," as you claim. True hockey fans couldn't give a shit if the sport goes "mainstream." In fact, I wish it was less mainstream so bandwagon hopping fucktards like yourself wouldn't take up all the tickets when the local team gets hot. I'd go if the team was .500, unless most of the "fans" in this fucking city. As long as I have Versus on cable, I have the Caps on CSN, the NHL Network for Hockey Night in Canada, the Wednesday TSN games, and the college hockey broadcasts on both the NHL Network and the Fox College Sports channels, and I'll probably go to five games a year. I'm perfectly fine with the sports maintaining "niche" status. In case you haven't heard, except in Phoenix and the other sun belt cities, NHL teams are doing just fine at the box office. That's niche enough for me.

Finally, true fans who "love" hockey, especially if they are male, aren't drinking wine before or during the game.

Not sure of your age but going by your writing abilities I was a Caps season ticket holder when you were still a dribble on your mothers inner thigh. You'd have to be a true fan back in the day when you had to fight the traffic to Landover to watch them.

All wine drinkers are fags now are they? More evidence of your age mentality.

My boredom was with the two teams involved you moron. Anyone with any history of a being a Caps fan has a viceral hatred for the mullet donning flightless birds.

I'm done with this prick...BTW, your momma says don't fuck your sister in the ass anymore, it makes your dick taste like shit.
I have no side in this, but you ruined any chance at having a legitimate point with this incredibly poor quality insult.