Author Topic: Metric Concert Live on NPR  (Read 1679 times)

kuldned

Metric Concert Live on NPR
« on: June 18, 2009, 12:27:14 am »
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=105478436

Hear The Band Live Online From Washington, D.C., At 10 p.m. ET

June 16, 2009 - After a relentless tour in support of the 2005 album Live It Out, the members of Metric scattered to work on their own projects. The solo work of frontwoman Emily Haines sounded significantly bleaker than Metric's music, written after a period of personal loss and sadness. But in March 2008, Haines was on stage, in the middle of a live solo performance, when she had an epiphany: She was tired of being sad. While playing "Doctor Blind," one of the standout cuts from her gloomy but beautiful album Knives Don't Have Your Back, Haines stopped, turned to the audience and said, "I don't want to play these songs anymore." Instead, she spent the rest of the show performing her favorite Metric tunes. It was time, she says, to bring the band back together and move in a new direction, with new songs.

The members of Metric met at a farmhouse recording studio outside of Seattle, Wash., where they began crafting what would become their fourth studio release, Fantasies. The album will be the centerpiece of a full concert by the band, webcast live at NPR.org on June 18. The performance, from Washington, D.C.'s 9:30 Club, will begin streaming online at approximately 10 p.m. ET.

serpent boy

Re: Metric Concert Live on NPR
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 01:04:03 am »
Awesome! I waited too long on tickets, so at least this is some consolation.

Tom Servo

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 10:30:25 am »
This will do as a roll call I guess...I'm in

wml7

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 10:14:13 pm »
Listening to it now.

jpauls20

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 12:32:25 am »
went to the show...It was pretty great...New album songs rocked, hate to mention it, but rather disappointed to not get poster of a girl or hustle rose....