Author Topic: The Subways - cancelled?  (Read 896 times)

ayates

The Subways - cancelled?
« on: April 20, 2006, 06:11:00 pm »
"Unfortunately The Subways have been advised to cancel their forthcoming tour of North America due to the fact that Billy Lunn, their lead singer, has Nodules on his vocal chords. It is hoped that with continued treatment he will completely recover but the band are facing a minimum of a 6 week lay off from any touring.

The band are incredibly saddened by this news but remain positive and look forward to returning to America later in the summer."

-

I'm going to Coachella and this was posted on their site because they were scheduled...I figure the May 23rd show is cancelled, no?

alex

Re: The Subways - cancelled?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 07:38:00 am »
correct, it's posted on the main page here this morning.

Bartelby

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 08:11:00 am »
That's really bad news.  I saw them at the Cedar Street day show at SXSW and was impressed.  They're really young:  Charlotte, the beautiful bass player, is only nineteen - and I assume the  lead singer/guitarist is early twenties - way too soon to have serious throat problems.  Hopefully, they'll get back on tour soon.  I recommend catching 'em when they do.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 09:11:00 am »
Shit, I hope the subways aren't cancelled. It's a long walk back to Springfield.

set1914

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 10:02:00 am »
Yuck!! I was out of town when they played in March and was looking forward to seeing them in May. I will have to hope that the singer get's better and they return to the club soon afterwards.