Author Topic: sonic youth reviews?  (Read 4733 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: sonic youth reviews?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 12:41:52 am »
What was going on with the girl who took her top off in the balcony?

pix, because it happened.
<sig>

andyrichter

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 01:20:26 am »

pix, because it happened.

indeed it did because i looked over once or 5 times  ;D. last i saw of her, she was ready to rumble with security before being tossed.

Darth Ed

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 01:27:19 am »
I can't compare it to Monday's show, but I thought tonight's show was very good. The new album is really good, but I especially liked the last encore of old songs.

If I have one complaint, it's that it was too freaking hot in the club, at least in the middle of the floor anyway. More AC for sold-out shows during the summer would be appreciated.

I really enjoyed The Entrance Band too. Probably the best opening band I've seen in about a year's worth of shows.

Setlist from the SY.com msg board:

tom violence
leaky lifeboat
sacred trixter
no way
what we know
poison arrow
anti-orgasm
hey joni
malibu gas station
calming the snake
walkin blue
massage the history
white cross
antenna
shadow of a doubt
thunderclap (for bobby pyn)
death valley 69

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106222765

nkotb

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 07:19:39 am »
So good you changed back your screen name  :o  I wish I had known you were going...I sold my ticket tonight.  I was too beat.

I really liked SY's set tonight.  The Entrance Band was excellent.  Paz Lenchantin isn't just in the studio.  She's a touring member.  Definite power trio.

thirsty moore

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 07:51:23 am »
 ;D Thanks nkotb.  I feel like my old self again.  It really wasn't my choice though.  The new version kept original screennames. 

As for Entrance Band, they were excellent.  And yes, there were about 4 guys around me taking photos of that girl with her top off.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 09:42:52 am »
;D Thanks nkotb.  I feel like my old self again.  It really wasn't my choice though.  The new version kept original screennames. 

you can change screen names in this new regime too... Profile button --> Account Related Settings --> Name: box.

but you'll always be thirsty moore to us.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 09:46:51 am »
Ah, didn't realize that.  Oh well.  How was Death Valley? I think the only time I've seen that was with you on the Thousand Leaves tour...but they didn't have Mark Ibold backing up the bass.  I was telling BookerT, I always forget how much better they sound with that added hand on stage.

As for Entrance Band, they were excellent.  And yes, there were about 4 guys around me taking photos of that girl with her top off.

BookerT

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 09:58:02 am »
the Balcony Boob Bouncer ... it was sorta like when the USA soccer team won the world cup that one time and the chick ripped her shirt off. except that was a sports bra and that girl was not too stacked and it was just that one moment. this chick last night was packing much more up top and it was definitely NOT a sports bra and she was making a point of leaning over and almost, like, smashing her tits against the railing. i don't know what that was all about. and she was really ready to fight anyone that tried to get her to put a shirt on. it looked like her b/f or someone was pleading w/her, but to no avail. i bet she is not "anti-orgasm"

teepo

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 10:15:49 am »
Ah, didn't realize that.  Oh well.  How was Death Valley? I think the only time I've seen that was with you on the Thousand Leaves tour...but they didn't have Mark Ibold backing up the bass.  I was telling BookerT, I always forget how much better they sound with that added hand on stage.

i'm listening to the npr recording and death valley sounds fantastic. bummer, i was hoping we'd get death valley 69 but catholic block is just nearly as good imo.

and with the way shelly played last night, it would've been idea if they threw in bull in the heather somewhere in the setlist.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 10:22:08 am by teepo »

Driveway

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 10:18:42 am »
Both shows were great, but the first one wins by a hair.  I like Daydream better than EVOL, so there you go.

thirsty moore

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 10:51:59 am »
Death Valley was as expected, great!!! Ibold really adds a punch to it. Booker T's description of the lady in question was spot on. I'm a huge fan of EVOL so it was good to hear some of those cuts.