Author Topic: Stop bringing your fucking dogs to Eastern Market  (Read 8638 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Stop bringing your fucking dogs to Eastern Market
« on: August 02, 2009, 09:58:07 pm »
It's already a fucking bitch getting around EM on weekends, what with the tight quarters, vendors stacked on top of each other, and huge crowds since the building re-opened. But why does every typical selfish asshole with a pet decide "You know, it's a beautiful day outside. Let's bring both of our 40-pound, out-of-fucking-control mutts to an overly-crowded place that no one can get around at without walking on top of each other." Seriously. Usually, strollers are the bane of my existence, but I understand the costs of child care, babysitters, and it's kind of hard to carry bigger toddlers around. But LEAVE YOU FUCKING DOGS AT HOME! Yeah, I know. You want everyone to pay attention to YOU because of how cute your fucking mutts are. Heaven forbid you actually do something in your life that doesn't draw attention to yourself. That would take away all the charm of living in the District.

If you want to walk you dogs, walk you fucking dogs. Parade them up and fucking down Pennsylvania, take them up to the park, jerk them off on the sidewalk in front of your crib for all I care. Just don't fucking bring them up to Eastern Market.

Strollers are next.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 10:06:22 pm by Thousand Made-Up Loves »

azaghal1981

Re: Stop bringing your fucking dogs to Eastern Market
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 10:07:50 pm »
Are we to expect a semi-weekly bitch thread from you from here on out?
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 11:00:02 pm »
i don't even know what the eastern market is . . . but he has great points.  people are annoying fucks sometimes in public places.  especially with dogs.  and kids.  and their fat asses.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 11:47:46 pm »
Bad day, huh?

Are we to expect a semi-weekly bitch thread from you from here on out?

;D You know, I'm starting to like this guy.

And yes Walkonby, he did make some good points in quite an entertaining way.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 01:02:21 am »
apparently, dogs are verboten if you want to maintain an "organic" rating. . .the local farmer's market has a sign in front of it saying "no dogs".  i doubt that it's done for convenience or annoyance- if that was so, this being san francisco, there would be an even bigger sign that said "no kids".
OU812

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 09:39:00 am »
I think it's actually illegal for health code reasons to bring your dog into a food market (or a restaurant).    The Dupont farmer's market has a sign saying "no dogs," but Dupont yuppies routinely ignore that, because of course their precious pooch is an exception to the rules.  Imagine what kind of parents these people will make.

_\|/_

Got Haggis?

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 09:54:52 am »
people with strollers (especially the double stroller) drive me insane at the baltimore jfx farmers market, pets dont bother me though.  Really there is usually only one section where it gets backed up though.

tobyd

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 10:15:46 am »
"You want everyone to pay attention to YOU"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:18:57 am by tobyd »

Bags

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 10:27:51 am »
Doom, I have to point out that any signs at the Dupont Market are impossible to see.  I was there once with my sister, niece and my dog (small and unobtrusive at 20 lbs), and someone told me pretty nastily that dogs were not allowed.  I was immediately and hugely apologetic and left on the spot, after explaining that there was (apparently) no way to know that.  It's outdoors so perhaps unexpected that dogs aren't allowed, but I also understand as not all are well-behaved.

All I'm saying is in some circumstances, wait to see what reaction you get.  It's not always about people being asshole pricks who give a shit about showing off their dog/dogs (that's not directed at you, Doom!).

nkotb

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 10:31:30 am »
I motion that we let dogs roam through any street market, and also my dog smells nice and is pretty.

All I'm saying is in some circumstances, wait to see what reaction you get.  It's not always about people being asshole pricks who give a shit about showing off their dog/dogs (that's not directed at you, Doom!).

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 12:09:58 pm »
You could do what I do....stop going to farmers markets!

http://www.farmfreshtoyou.com/index.php

And yes, the Dog Lobby in SF is far more powerful than the Children's Lobby.
27>34