Author Topic: Agent: Michael Vick signs with Philadelphia Eagles  (Read 10368 times)

walkonby

Re: Agent: Michael Vick signs with Philadelphia Eagles
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2009, 10:46:16 am »
I don't get the whole 'he has a right to practice his profession' argument.  If he were a lawyer, he'd be disbarred and couldn't practice his profession.  I don't see why the National Football League can't hold players to the same standards that the Bar does.  Guys like Vick and Little and Stallworth that sh*t in the proverbial pool should be subject to permanent banishment.

The NBA banned Michael Ray Richardson and Roy Tarpley (two of favorite players ever) for cocaine . . . something much less sketchy than the Bad Newz Kennelz operation

dude, that's easy.  football is a multi-trillion dollar organization fueled by the same testosterone that fuels the government.  it will never go away.  it IS this country.  bars and restaurants and schools (all levels) and stores and television and gyms and country music and beer and steroids and china and canada and maybe europe and chicken wings and potato chips with ranch dip and grilling hamburgers and saturday/sunday/monday night plus whatever nights college is on, and grandparents . . . . would all go out of business, thus crippling our country and our economy and our sperm count forever!!!!

wml7

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2009, 05:40:38 pm »
we need a cat pic throwing a football  ;D

walkonby

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2009, 05:47:57 pm »
we need a cat pic throwing a football  ;D

you're so needy.   ;D

wml7

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2009, 05:49:05 pm »
classic  ;D

Mobius

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2009, 11:09:50 pm »

dude, that's easy.  football is a multi-trillion dollar organization fueled by the same testosterone that fuels the government.  it will never go away.  it IS this country.  bars and restaurants and schools (all levels) and stores and television and gyms and country music and beer and steroids and china and canada and maybe europe and chicken wings and potato chips with ranch dip and grilling hamburgers and saturday/sunday/monday night plus whatever nights college is on, and grandparents . . . . would all go out of business, thus crippling our country and our economy and our sperm count forever!!!!

And you know what, Michael Vick IS America.  Out of control with greed and bloodlust for years.  Dogfighting was his Iraq war, and his bankruptcy was his recession.  23 months in jail (paralleling our economy) . . .and now he's back, filled with Hope and where - Philadelphia . . .birthplace of Freedom, the Declaration of Independence, and Rocky.  Should we forgive Michael Vick?  Should we cheer for his redemption?  You're goddamm right partner.  Unless you're a f*cking frog or communist or worse.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:14:23 pm by Mobius »

wml7

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2009, 11:23:26 pm »
ok rambo  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2009, 12:15:13 am »
And you know what, Michael Vick IS America.  Out of control with greed and bloodlust for years.  Dogfighting was his Iraq war, and his bankruptcy was his recession.  23 months in jail (paralleling our economy) . . .and now he's back, filled with Hope and where - Philadelphia . . .birthplace of Freedom, the Declaration of Independence, and Rocky.  Should we forgive Michael Vick?  Should we cheer for his redemption?  You're goddamm right partner.  Unless you're a f*cking frog or communist or worse.

goddamn i almost wanna stand up and salute that post. 

but then i remember that while he she be given a second chance, vick is still an animal-abusing douche... so i'll just have another beer instead.  as you were.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 02:09:04 pm »
Dick's won't stock Vick jerseys

There is no Vick at Dick's.

A spokesman for Dick's Sporting Goods said yesterday that the chain will not stock Michael Vick's Eagles jersey until company officials "evaluate the reaction of Eagles fans."

Meanwhile, the NFLShop, the league's merchandizing arm, is offering several styles of Vick's gridiron apparel ? including a customizable jersey for dogs.

continued: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9961314/Dick%27s-won%27t-stock-Vick-jerseys
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 02:37:31 pm »
nice a vick jersey for a pit bull   :o

vansmack

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 04:31:04 pm »
Meanwhile, the NFLShop, the league's merchandizing arm, is offering several styles of Vick's gridiron apparel — including a customizable jersey for dogs.

Actually, my order for the Vick Dog-Jersey was temporarily suspended until further notice, and yes I have that kind of sense of humor.  And no, I don't own a dog.
27>34