Author Topic: Live Nation - ticket service charges just keep getting worse  (Read 14403 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Live Nation - ticket service charges just keep getting worse
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2009, 06:09:53 pm »
i wouldn't mind revolting cocks & MSP - those two shows alone would pay for the pass.  anything after that would be gravy.

There's a sucker born everyday....

This is exactly what they want with this promotion.  They want to talk you into buying it under the guise of "well, I wasn't going to see those two shows, but for $50 with the possibility of seeing more shows, what the hell?" And that's how they get you.

i don't see how that makes anyone a sucker.  i wouldn't pay $30 for a ticket to see those acts, but would consider it for $10 or less.  with a passport, i'd probably see more than 5 shows between now and the end of the year thus driving down my cost-per-show even more.  i would only see certain bands under the condition that they're cheaper.  this passport would meet that condition. 

i go to a lot of shows.  some i will attend no matter what, while for others, the price plays in to my decision.  the passport would remove that obstacle. 

the alternative - that i keep my $50, and not see 5-10 additional shows - isn't my preference.  luckily, this is all academic :D

The other problem I see with this is that it looks like they bump you when a show sells out.

So you buy it thinking "I'll just use it to see these 3 bands...it's worth the $".  Then 2 of those shows sell out a week before the show date.  You're screwed.

nope, no bumping.  once a show is available for passport holders and you reserve a spot, you're guaranteed entry. 

the popular shows are going to sell out before any spots are made available for passport holders, but most of shows that i see at the club aren't sold out so a passport like this would work for me.
<sig>

eltee

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2009, 10:47:16 pm »
i would buy a 930 pass in a heartbeat.  hey seth... (although the possibility of one is nil.  LN has the advantage of being both the venue operator & the promoter/tour organizer... seth isn't)

edit: actually, maybe it isn't impossible: the 930 could sell a pass that only allows day-of reservations, i.e. shows that are unlikely to sell out - might as well get some revenue from that otherwise empty space, no?
There are different options though. For instance, instead of a pass similar to LN, try this: go to 10 shows get the 11th free. I'm not exactly sure how it would all work...Maybe they have 10 shows to pick from or within a certain period..Or, swipe a card and after so many points you get a free shirt. Have food points, get a tshirt. Hell, I dunno...I'm probably coming up w/ ideas that are beyond the music and making it more like Subway.
Sure, even something as simple as a pass has potential difficulty. But the club always manages things pretty well. I would love some sort of frequent patron benefits.

(Does NorVa still have their VIP club membership?)
(Apologies if I'm moving off topic. Feel free to move 930 card / club / pass discussion to hey seth or new thread)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:48:58 pm by Sugartastic Tee »

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2009, 12:59:31 am »
(Does NorVa still have their VIP club membership?)

Yes, both The Norva and The National have $5,000/year VIP memberships.