Author Topic: Kia Soul Colletive???? Free shows? MGMT? WALE?  (Read 5734 times)

mahimahi1414

Re: Kia Soul Colletive???? Free shows? MGMT? WALE?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 10:06:10 pm »
I got there around 2 and finally got my two at 5. Also for those that are still interested, they're probably capping it around 800-1000 so I'd suggest getting them before its sold out. They upped it from the previous number of 500.

They are also doing shuttle busses to and from union station running every 45 minutes or so for all the acts this weekend.

Source: The lady on the right giving out the tickets

eltee

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 10:16:30 pm »
Pretty funny - maybe BYT read about it here? (their first article reference is dated days after my post)
Yet, they still have the connections to give away 5 pairs of tickets.  If I haven't said before - thanks forumites for all of the announcements and help around here. I have no free tickets to give, just thanks.
I think some of you  should be compensated for the news that The Post and BYT / DCist turn and promote.
Back to the topic, I think what peaked my curiosity w/ this show (other than being free), was the crowd set at 500. Peak to 1,000, with a long wait to test a car I'm not going to buy, I'd rather wait for them to come back to the club. (putting the poor reviews aside for the moment)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:51:05 pm by Sugartastic Tee »

wml7

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 10:38:03 pm »
What time does the Dan Deacon show start?  How big is this warehouse place??

eltee

wml7

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 11:01:52 pm »
hmm might have to check this out for Sat.  I guess besides the shuttle is the warehouse near a metro stop?

mahimahi1414

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 01:59:38 am »
hmm might have to check this out for Sat.  I guess besides the shuttle is the warehouse near a metro stop?

The closest metro stop is almost two miles away.

Also a girl I know saw Wale and said there were about 100 people there. She's not the most reliable though.

wml7

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 01:25:04 pm »
eh eff it had no motivation to go to this let us know how tonight's show is  ;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 03:49:13 pm »
Got there around 2, left around 5:40 with my tickets. I really like the Soul, I've become obsessed with Scions ever since I got my Xa, so I guess that's why I liked the Soul so much. And it's cheaper than the Scion. I'll check it out... I went back ar like 9:30 to see Wale, but apparently he had gone on at 7:30. So pissed, I didn't hear anything about MGMT, but I know I get off at 8 on Sunday and I'd rather NOT miss them. Did anyone make Wale yesterday? When we got there at 9 we encountered more than a few people who were incredibly confused, apparently the best way to get all the info for the shows is to follow the Twitter page.
‼‼?‼‼

bkrome

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009, 04:26:38 pm »
I heard Wale came on exactly at 7:30 as scheduled and only played about 6 songs.

MGMT is scheduled for 8 on the website but I was told to come around 6-6:30 for the open bar.  The lady who gave me the test drive said the event is scheduled to run until 10 but I would not take her word.

Chulahoma

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 11:38:11 am »
anyone else go to the dan deacon show at the warehouse? it was going great for about 40 minutes, but the security people were scared something crazy was going to happen because of all the involvement that goes on with the crowd during the show.  they emphasized that the crowd was "too close to the curtains".  needless to say they cut things off at 8pm instead of 9pm. so lame.

mahimahi1414

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 03:42:35 pm »
I heard Wale came on exactly at 7:30 as scheduled and only played about 6 songs.

MGMT is scheduled for 8 on the website but I was told to come around 6-6:30 for the open bar.  The lady who gave me the test drive said the event is scheduled to run until 10 but I would not take her word.

A number of people near me were most surprised the open bar did not consist of alcoholic drinks but rather just water and soda (I think).

Cali

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 04:27:51 pm »
very glad we didnt arrive until a few minutes before 8 for the open bar lol. good thing there wasnt alcohol though, because then the crowd would've been unbearable. i did like the free water and shuttle to/from the warehouse. also liked the restrooms - i really hate porta potties.

i didnt think they sucked, but the sound in the warehouse wasnt very good. whenever a member of the band spoke, i had NO clue what they were saying. it sounded like jibberish. i'd like to see them in a proper venue, with proper sound before passing final judgement on the live performance.

oh, the only played for an hour.  also noticed they used backing tracks for some songs. i dont usually notice such things but it was obvious lol.

cant really complain about a free show
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 04:39:41 pm by Cali »