Author Topic: Anybody go to Bob Mould?  (Read 6860 times)

vansmack

Re: Anybody go to Bob Mould?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 02:32:41 pm »
The real test will be if he lives in Walnut Creek....
27>34

Sir HC

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 12:15:11 am »
I would have been there, but I was just finishing a 100 mile bike ride on the eastern seaboard.  Then I was grillin dinner for everyone.

bearman🐻

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 09:06:35 am »
I concur that the show killed. I caught the Philly show and despite a sold out crowd, it was really good but not as great as Saturday's show which was indeed poorly attended, but it was a spirited presentation. Bob has been living in SF for a couple months now, I ran into him there in August and he was already there. I think he's just ready for the next phase of his life, and SF is a place that he's always wanted to live. I think honestly he's going to start to wind down from music and focus (eventually) on teaching. It's funny for as much as I really think DC was a good step for him, it also was necessary for him to leave too.

Oh, and Lady Gaga apparently was at Blowoff. Not sorry that I missed that one.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 09:10:00 am »
Oh, and Lady Gaga apparently was at Blowoff. Not sorry that I missed that one.

You didn't miss anything.   Trust me.

bearman🐻

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 09:28:31 am »
All of the Facebook postings of "OMG...LADY GAGA" said it all. After seeing Bob blast through "JC Auto" how could Lady Gaga top that? Puh-leeze. So lame.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 09:56:16 am »
She didn't do anything at all.  She stood in the balcony overlooking the right side of the stage while some dork stood on the DJ platform and held a flashlight on her.  She pretty much stood still while Rich played her new song.  When that was over she waved and left.

bearman🐻

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 10:05:10 am »
Sounds like Lady Caca instead of Gaga. Whatev.

Still reeling from that Bob Mould show. That could very well be my favorite show he's ever done. The Husker Du stuff absolutely killed. Nice to see that "JC Auto" still can slay too.

Bagley

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 06:47:04 pm »
Just miss seeing Husker Du @ ye ole 930 club, caught him on the "Workbook" tour however a few years later and really enjoyed it

andyrichter

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 09:14:35 pm »

Still reeling from that Bob Mould show. That could very well be my favorite show he's ever done. The Husker Du stuff absolutely killed. Nice to see that "JC Auto" still can slay too.

Just curious, from all the current solo shows he's done that you've seen, as he ever played Something I Learned Today?