Author Topic: Broadcast roll call!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6409 times)

James Ford

Re: Broadcast roll call!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 12:38:38 pm »
Some people are old enough to have watched I Love Lucy when it was originally on, whereas others are gay enough to watch the reruns.

I wonder who here fits into which category.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 01:31:40 pm »
Some people are old enough to have watched I Love Lucy when it was originally on, whereas others are gay enough to watch the reruns.

I wonder who here fits into which category.

And some are so old and lived way out in cow country that they had to watch the reruns in order to assimilate just to try to fit in with the city folk.  ::)

BookerT

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 01:22:45 am »
broadcast was kind of a bummer, no? just a bit anticlimactic. first off, the weather that night was just soul-crushingly awful, which was a drag on everything. then they went on second (instead of third) without any warning, which was just kinda confusing. like, what's going on here? then they opened with the 20 mins of just sorta sound collage + cooing, which was nice and all, but again it was like, wait, this is broadcast and this is their set, right? then it got a bit more songy and they did "corporeal" and "black cat" and some of them new tunes. but it just wasn't ideal. it happens. they still rule.

snailhook

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 03:42:05 am »
saint vitus only had time for a weekend jaunt this time around. i enquired about doing a philly show.  a few hundred showed up at sonar, so they'd probably be big enough to play the black cat or 930.  i'd hate to see them at the blowtel.

as for the show, it was absolutely amazing. wino was terrific and electrifying as a frontman, letting dave chandler pull all his best leigh stephens and hendrix moves on guitar. original bassist mark adams held it down.  they played all the classics, and wino sang "white stallions", which they recorded pre-wino.  i'm glad i missed broadcast for saint vitus.

apparently, chandler and wino are getting along and having a great time, so i wouldn't be surprised to see a more extensive saint vitus tour next year.

i'm a sucker for self-indulgent sound collage if done right, and it sounds like broadcast knew what they were doing.  seems like they are really trying to capture the exploratory vibes of their psych forebears, like the united states of america and white noise.