Author Topic: Wolf Parade on 'indefinite hiatus'  (Read 2070 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Wolf Parade on 'indefinite hiatus'
« on: November 29, 2010, 09:10:12 pm »
Sad news, indeed. But I like to think of this more as "we'll be gone for four years to focus on our side projects and when it's time to replenish the bank accounts, we'll be back to do another album." But, those guys might as well call it quits all together. Ever since At Mount Zoomer came out, the guys really seemed more into their side projects than WP. To each their own. I wish the boys the best of luck.

Easily one of my top five favorite indie bands EVER. To see I'll Believe in Anything--->Fancy Claps live in Philly in 08 was like heading down a rollercoast at 100 mph only to slam into a brick wall at the bottom that was the final notes in Fancy Claps. It was unreal.

For the record, Expo 86 is incredible.

Sad News
Saturday November 27th 2010, 3:08 pm
Filed under: News,Wolf Parade

It does not come easy for me to post this news. Dan Boeckner has contacted us and stated that Wolf Parade will be taking an ?indefinite hiatus?.

Toronto was not Wolf Parade?s last show ever, there are plans for a few shows next year. After that, the band are planning to take a serious break. We would like to think this isn?t the end of Wolf Parade all together, but we are seriously saddened by this news.

As always we are extremely thankful to the band for creating amazing music that inspires a legion of devoted fans. We will of course keep you updated on this and any upcoming Wolf Parade news.

James Ford

Re: Wolf Parade on 'indefinite hiatus'
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:15:53 am »
For the record, yawn.

i'm sure there are five or six or a hundred other 'wolf' bands you can now devote your energy towards.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 12:26:08 pm »
Step in front of a Metro bus.

Hieronymus

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 01:06:09 pm »
This is good good news if it means more Sunset Rubdown and/or Moonface. I'm a Krug purist -- Boeckner and Handsome Furs never did much for me. That said, Apologies to the Queen Mary is as near-perfect as people have always said it was and I'm miffed to have never seen WP live.

At Mount Zoomer and Expo 86 are really crowded, directionless records -- much more obviously the work of two songwriters not always working together. Still full of solid stuff, and not nearly as crummy as everything Swan Lake, but still pretty frustrating.

Also, Mr. Ford: 2005 called; it wants its hipster-baiting disses back.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 08:57:50 pm »
Dude, stop being hung up on Apologies. They don't even play their old shit live anymore except for about four songs. Nostalgia is great but to call their other two albums "directionless" is just ridiculous. That was the whole point of the arrangement. They are two distinctly unique songwriters and musicians and their individual songs have their own character. Then when they co-write a song, they get arguably their best live song in Kissing the Beehive. And the direction of the album? I usually listen to their live bootlegs exclusively anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to hear Secret Knives, Dinner Bells, Modern World, We Built Another World, Lousy Pictures, Same Ghost Every Night, Fancy Claps, the original version of Soldier's Grin (called Bed's Exploding) at a live show. But the band seems over Apologies and so am I.

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but I hate it when people get hung up on debut albums and brush aside the rest of the band's following work because it never "measures up." I.E. Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire, etc.