Author Topic: Questions you have that only time will answer.....  (Read 2773 times)

markie

Questions you have that only time will answer.....
« on: April 15, 2010, 09:36:22 pm »
So I was just having a shower and I was thinking about life the universe and everything and wondering what the answer to it all is. Is there a heaven, will all my old school friends be there and all my old pets? Will I live in a mansion?

Pretty important questions, no doubt.... But I realized at that moment in the shower all I cared about  was, "do Rhett's kids paint their own t-shirts."

vansmack

Re: Questions you have that only time will answer.....
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 02:23:18 am »
Stop living in a fantasy land...after you die nothing happens.  Stop being a child.

When I die, I won't even know I'm dead - you know why?  Because I'll be f'in dead.

Don?t even think of clicking the start arrow of this video if you?re easily offended by grown-up language or by people who actually tell the truth about people who make shit up for fun and profit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZJ-_OTvsqo&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:26:54 am by vansmack »
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:43:29 am »
I don't know about this Rhett guy's kid, but I can tell you about my own daughter's t-shirt she wore to her first V-Fest last year.

Her mommy bought a black t-shirt and some kind of iron on kit and made a Meat is Murder t-shirt. Originally worn as a protest at a friend's meat-centric party, but worn for a second time at V-Fest. It received many compliments from teenagers drunk on Red Bull. Probably cost more than those available online, but at least we can rest assured we're not lining Mr. Morrissey's Armani jacket.

The only question I have is does anybody have a Dr. Dog ticket they can sell to me at face+whatever fees you paid? If so, please PM me.

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 10:51:41 am »
speaking of dr. dog . . . and i'm sure this has been mentioned here before . . . but i just heard him/them teh other day for the first time . . . but why do i think they are biggest, blatant (early) flaming lips rip off sound i have ever heard?

James Ford

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 11:12:15 am »
That's not really a question that only time will answer...

They have two singers who evenly split vocal duties. One of them does have a voice that sounds a bit like Wayne Coyne. I don't think that means he's ripping him off. Musically, I think the Lips are more complex and spacey, whereas the Dog is more 70's rock inspired. I see the Dog as ripping off the Beatles, my wife sees them as ripping off the Dead.

speaking of dr. dog . . . and i'm sure this has been mentioned here before . . . but i just heard him/them teh other day for the first time . . . but why do i think they are biggest, blatant (early) flaming lips rip off sound i have ever heard?

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 12:22:56 pm »
Dr. Dog is very good live.  I was thoroughly entertained last time I saw them.
27>34

edbert

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 03:02:29 pm »
>>>So I was just having a shower and I was thinking about life the universe and everything and wondering what the answer to it all is.

42, according to Deep Thought (Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy)

Stillwater

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 04:26:17 pm »
More importantly... Deer Tick is opening!

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 03:29:40 pm »
Well, well. The mad scientist finally pulls back the curtain to reveal himself! Welcome back.

Now, will you please bring back April 10th? The gig is up since Kosmo, Az and I know you've abducted it. It wants to come back home and be part of the past.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 02:03:41 pm »
Yeah but not as entertaining as this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKSnyS-vmkg

Dr. Dog is very good live.  I was thoroughly entertained last time I saw them.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 02:07:06 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 08:24:40 am »
now you got my attention
o/\o

James Ford

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 09:34:23 am »

Yes, I'd like to see them as well. So I'll repeat...anyone with an extra that they don't mind selling at cost, please PM me! Thanks.