Author Topic: Christian Side Hug  (Read 3663 times)

slappy

Christian Side Hug
« on: November 28, 2009, 06:37:04 pm »
No thread for the latest greatest meme?
I was debating putting in 'When Reality Reflects the Onion'
or 'The YouTube' thread. But it kinda deserves its own spotlight for über-genius.
god bless america
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJAMu9cUtIc

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Christian Side Hug
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 07:26:40 pm »
Ahahahahaha. That's actually how I hug people although not for that reason and I never knew it had a name.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 11:13:05 pm »
3rd place i've seen this. LOLz.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 11:27:42 pm »
So what are those big guys in the background? Chaperones instead of body guards?

What a neurotic posse! Seriously, let's hope they stay that way so they don't reproduce. This world is already too crazy without adding more of those type.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 01:57:18 pm »
there's nothing wrong with front hugging as long as you don't grab her ass while doing it...

_\|/_

Got Haggis?

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 10:01:39 am »
there's nothing wrong with front hugging as long as you don't grab her ass while doing it...

obviously you didn't listen to the lyrics

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 10:38:31 am »
i can't decide if this video is more pathetic than it is scary.  unfortunately it's not straight-up bad enough to be entertaining.  the cultural appropriation is horrible, even before you consider the purpose for which it's being appropriated.  we all scoff (i hope) at the message - front-side hugging is the root of all evil - but the impact is on a confused teen surrounded by such fundamentalist crap can't be positive. 

i realize this makes me a stick-in-the-mud but i have problems laughing a religious idiots, if only because of their potential impact.  kids listening to this sh*t are the repressed bible thumpers of tomorrow who will continue the fight in the name of the Lord to take away our rights to choose. 

i should probably go drink some caffeine now and lighten up...

then again there's nothing good about it, either...  :-*
<sig>

Mobius

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 10:50:38 am »
"I'm a rough rider . . .filled up with Christ's love".   LOL. 

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 07:05:38 pm »
christ just officially denouced himself.   

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 08:37:53 pm »
There is a valid reason for a CSH. For example: the other day I was in the mall with my female companion and we ran into one of my friend's girlfriends. They hugged and then we began to exchange pleasantries, but what am I to do? If I don't hug her, it looks like I snubbed her, but at the same time, I don't know her that well, so she might be someone who isn't big on hugging her associates. Obvious time for the CSH; properly cordial yet not offensive in case someone is touchy.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 08:39:45 pm »
Also, just for the record: please note I did not say what anyone was wearing, nor report on anyone's financial status in the above tale, therefore making it a regular story and not a Julian's American story which a poorly-dressed, portly authority figure might feel compelled to delete post haste.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 10:13:45 pm »
christ just officially denouced himself.   

;D ;D ;D

Walkonby, I love you! (No, not in the creepy way.) You always deliver!

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 03:53:41 pm »
Also, just for the record: please note I did not say what anyone was wearing, nor report on anyone's financial status in the above tale, therefore making it a regular story and not a Julian's American story which a poorly-dressed, portly authority figure might feel compelled to delete post haste.

LET IT GO.

now.

thanks.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 08:20:22 am »
i realize this makes me a stick-in-the-mud but i have problems laughing a religious idiots, if only because of their potential impact.  kids listening to this sh*t are the repressed bible thumpers of tomorrow who will continue the fight in the name of the Lord to take away our rights to choose. 

thankfully one of the saving graces of humanity is that young people have a built-in tendency to rebel against the indoctrination efforts of their elders....
_\|/_