Author Topic: tool tickets at verizon?  (Read 2178 times)

walkonby

tool tickets at verizon?
« on: August 04, 2006, 10:16:00 am »
was this like the pearl jam thing, where only fan club people got access to floor?  i had a ticket pulled up in less than one minute when they went on sale, and it was section 100.  then for the next five - ten minutes, it was only 100 section tickets.

and i love that since four days ago, there has been some auction house on ebay with an "open auction" featuring no row or section numbers of the tickets they are "selling".  i guess they were waiting 'til today to see what they could get.

Guiny

Re: tool tickets at verizon?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 10:39:00 am »
Do you know if its center stage?  That'll help me figure out which seats to go for.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 10:42:00 am »
Wow, $55 for TOOL? And people are bitching about the $97 price tag for the V Festival??
(_|_)

jeffnar

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 10:47:00 am »
we put in about 8 searches for 2 tix. the first, for 'best available' yielded 106/107 back corner main concourse. every search for 'floor' came up empty, even trying single seats. we finally settled on 110, row 10, and another pair in club concourse, 201 2nd row.

i don't think tool has fan club tix, which for most bands, means day before presale of just select sections. many shows withhold some seats and dump them into play an hour later, or even days later. at $30-50 (before the ticketbastard fee), this is unfortunately the best priced arena tour i've looked at for over a year.

just now, 10:40, going through livenation, my girlfriend finally pulled up a floor ticket in 106, the last section on right. tried again, and nothing.

good luck!

dota168

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 11:24:00 am »
same... was in ticketmaster site at exactly 10 AM EDT... searching for 1 floor seat yield no available seat... i ended up getting section 112... i have no idea how to get those floor tickets...

btw, did anyone who purchased their ticket in ticketmaster got 2nd email which contains the actual ticket? i haven't got the 2nd email but i got the 1st email which confirms my purchase.

smakawhat

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 11:37:00 am »
I was in first thing, got my lonely ticket in Sec 113... couldn't make it any better.

Hoping I am not to behind the stage, I missed my chance 5 years ago to see these guys I am NOT missing it again.

Yeah no floor that sucks, and it's an END stage show according to Ticketmaster.

smakawhat

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 11:40:00 am »
Originally posted by Joe M.:
  Wow, $55 for TOOL? And people are bitching about the $97 price tag for the V Festival??
no friggin kidding

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 11:58:00 am »
i kept banging away until i got something decent... in the first five minutes, best i got was a pair in section 100, row K (not bad, IMO).  after 10 minutes, i got a pair of FLOORS!  section 6, row G - so back floor section, and based on the high-res floor chart available at http://www.verizoncenter.com/tickets/end_stage.jpg it looks like these are the same distance away... so I have a choice: centered on the floor (better sounds), or slightly eleveted and better view in sect 100 - thoughts?  i'm average height, 5'11".
<sig>

dota168

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 12:19:00 pm »
did you guys got the email with the attached ticket?

i haven't got mine   :mad:  

does it really take a while to get the email with the ticket?

Guiny

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 01:53:00 pm »
Got my tickets in the 228 section.

opack420

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 04:37:00 pm »
can someone tell me why the club level seats cost the same as the floor seats?  It seem like they should be less.

chokeychicken

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 05:54:00 pm »
floor tickets are always a tough pull for tool.  the fan club eats up most of them, and you've gotta be real quick to snag any floors in the public sale.