Author Topic: Atoms for peace  (Read 1608 times)

wml7

Atoms for peace
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:13:38 pm »
Ok who in here went???  I think sweetcell did  ;D

betao

Re: Atoms for peace
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:36:55 pm »
Would've liked to have gone to a DC show...

;D

fatskippy

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 03:19:07 pm »
went Monday night, was epic

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 04:47:26 pm »
Epicness confirmed - fantastic show.

More later when I'm not on the blackberry.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 01:04:30 am »
the material on "the eraser" sounds better live than on the record.  it was really interesting to hear how the glitchy recoded material was turned in to rock-ier, dancy-er live versions.  the songwriting shone through.

it might be thom yorke's band, but for the most part it was flea's show.  his playing was precise yet funky, and other than thom's occasional spastic chicken dances it was flea who was the most interesting to watch.

thanks to the Waste-presale-and-VIP line and some security shenanigans that delayed doors (a manhole cover blew up/off, police and firemen were everywhere and nobody was sure if the show was still on), i got there an hour after doors were suppose to open but still managed to get a spot dead-center, 7 or 8 bodies away from rail.  sound was great.

flying lotus' dj set was pretty good.  kept me entertained and help kill the hour and a half we had to wait before AFP took the stage.

i'm still on the fence as to whether this show will be bestowed with the "mind-blowing" epithet (which probably means it won't), but i have no doubt that last night will make on to my top 10 shows of 2010 list. 

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/04/atoms_for_peace_2.html
<sig>