Author Topic: beard - a - thon  (Read 2382 times)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
beard - a - thon
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:30:25 am »
time to combine some things that i like: hockey, facial hair, and a childrens' charity.  i have signed up for the caps beard-a-thon.  i will not shave my face until the capitals win the stanley cup (yay!) or are eliminated from competition (boo!).  i just cut off my ridiculous mutton chops so i can start with fresh cheeks.  you can sponsor my playoff beard by going to my beard-a-thon profile page and clicking on "pledge this beard."  all proceeds go to the friends of fort dupont ice arena.  it is the only public indoor ice arena in DC, and it provides free or subsidized skating lessons to underpriveleged youth in the area.  take a little chunk out of your tax return and give it to the kids, will ya? 

https://www.beardathon.com/capitals/thatguy/profile.aspx

godsshoeshine

Re: beard - a - thon
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:59:25 am »
are you still going to shave your head? i've been struggling with that issue myself
o/\o

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 12:08:10 pm »
i will be shaving my head.  i can take a lot more uncontrolled growth on my face than i can on my head.

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 05:41:40 pm »
hey thatguy . . . or josh . . . or frontline security solution, whatever you prefer to be called, have you always had the style you so eloquently carry nowadays?  were you ever a long hair, or a mohawk, or a nice bowl beatnic style from the top to the ear?  just curious.  dedication of style is by far one of the most difficult functions of life.  i bet pictures of you anyway other than how you look now would be so . . . darling.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:43:26 pm by walkonby »

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 03:45:54 am »
i have had the shaved head and beard look for quite some time, but it was not always the case.  i rocked a mean 70's style bowl cut as a kid.  there was a time from high school through the middle of college that there were no current pictures of me because i was changing my hair so often.  at it's longest, my hair was halfway down my back.  i had mohawks of varying length, just about every color you can think of, braids, partially shaved, a kind of hari krishna thing for a while, and even a mullet when i first started growing it out.  i have had a variety of facial hair configurations over the years as well.

i'll let ross post the embarrassing photos if he wants, but he knows that i have ammo against him as well so it might not happen.

James Ford

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 07:54:40 am »
What would really be rad would be if you started rocking a DC lawyerboy Sunday School haircut and wore khaki pants with shirt and tie.

betao

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 10:14:56 am »
Just pledged $10 to you, Josh.

best of luck!

madgypsy

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 11:07:56 am »
I'm tempted to post those pics...but then again there's the evil Color Me Bad picture for me to worry about

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 12:06:21 pm »
thanks to betao and sweetcell for their donations.

a disappointing start to the playoffs last night, but hopefully just a small misstep.