Author Topic: HOLE @ 9:30 Club  (Read 29857 times)

azaghal1981

Re: HOLE @ 9:30 Club
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2010, 07:20:05 am »
Courtney Love officially does not have a tight hole.
احمد

DotTheEyes

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2010, 07:31:41 am »
I still can't believe how bad last night's show was.  I figured there might be drama, but the level of epic, soul-crushing ineptitude on display was alarming.  I s'pose the fact various unreleased demos were "played" live for the first time is cool for Hole obsessives, but the fact they were sung by a woman who seemed on the verge of forgetting her own name and which planet she was on, let alone -lyrics-, surely must've lessened the fun.

James Ford

« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2010, 01:26:58 pm »
I wasn't at this show, but was wondering if it was full of canned theatrics?

Now that Courtney is part of the Hollywood elite, she thinks she's worth it and can get it... and probably will. That's not at all to say that she's worth it.

For some reason, I kind of get the impression that she's settled down a bit. Mind you, that's 'settled down' on the Courtney scale so she's probably still somewhat of a train wreck.

Would bet that the show will be full of canned theatrics. Not on a Flaming Lips level but more like formula Punk stunts and minor banter.

In the end, I'd bet all image with very little substance. Then again, the band have had a lot of time to hone their skills so maybe they will be a nice surprise.

James Ford

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2010, 01:28:09 pm »
Courtney has been the victim of a lot of sexism.

I'm there! I've never seen the original Hole live before but I've always liked their music.
If you check out youtube, you can see recent videos of her concerts. She's not a train wreck or doing anything that crazy. She's been just playing the songs. Her new band seems very professional and tight.

Courtney has been the victim of a lot of sexism. Everyone says Kurt and Billy wrote all her songs, like a woman couldn't possibly do anything good. Billy Corgan did co-write songs on Celebrity Skin, but Courtney made her contribution too.

I hope everyone puts aside their preconceptions and gives Courtney a chance. If you don't believe me, check out the recent videos on youtube for yourself.