Author Topic: Did anyone try getting Roger Waters tickets?  (Read 14049 times)

runwhiteyrun06

Re: Did anyone try getting Roger Waters tickets?
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2010, 12:16:37 am »
I just got back from the show.

Quick thoughts:

Visually, it was the most impressive concert I've ever seen. The stage set up was fantastic and watching the wall be constructed and then demolished during the show was great. Some of the videos shown were very moving too. I would love to see a video explaining how this tour was made possible. The sheer logistical and technical achievement is inspiring.

Waters lip-synced heavily. I was really disappointed at how few songs he actually tried to sign without any form of assistance.

Also, the guy singing the Gilmour parts did decently the first half but sounded really bad during the 2nd half. Especially on Waiting for the Worms. However, that is a hard part to sing.

Sitting in the nosebleeds by some drunks kind of sucked. Dear people with poor concert etiquette, if you're just going to yell loud things the whole time and get up literally 5 times to get beer you may want to reevaluate why you go to a show.

Overall, I'm glad I went but in terms of musicianship, I wouldn't see him again.

chancegardener

• http://www.chancegardener.com
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2010, 12:41:31 am »
From our seats (Section 104, on the far end of the arena) I could not tell if he was lip synching. It didn't even occur to me. Looked like he was singing it, to me. Unfortunately we had a dazed and rather smoked-out section, so our energy level was a bit lax, but the view was great, sound as superb as it gets, and the visuals, well let's say it was like nothing I've ever seen before. My friend commented: is this the pinnacle of concert visuals or is it a beginning, a taste of what we can expect to see in the future? Overall it was a pretty astounding show. The emotional highlight probably the "Bring the Boys Back Home" song and visuals, and "Run Like Hell" was pretty great as well. Huge puppets, crashing airplane, floating pig. huge wall tumbling down on-stage.  Not quite sure if it was rock and roll, but it was definitely theater.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2010, 01:55:19 am »
my pix: http://picasaweb.google.com/sweetcell/RogerWatersTheWall10Oct2010

on the one hand, i can see why someone might hate on this show.  it's over-blown, it's mainstream rebellion, it's hypocritical (anti-commercial? really?), it's 30 years old, it's whiny, etc.

on the other, it was a kick-ass rock show like few others.  the visuals were without equal, the musicians basically showed off for 2 hours, and it was a heady mix of the familiar and the re-interpreted.  if roger was lip-synch'ing, i didn't notice (not that i was paying particular attention).  i left the arena on a high. 
<sig>

xcanuck

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2010, 08:39:19 am »
Excellent pictures Sweetcell!

The sheer scope of what they put together was mindblowing. It was a spectacle that was worth seeing once in your life and I'm glad I went. True rock and roll theater.

betao

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2010, 10:06:07 am »
Good god that looks like quite a production. I'm beginning to think I should've gone.

walkonby

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2010, 12:39:29 pm »
thought it was a great show.  nobody in the bathrooms or the beer lines on both occasions that i went.  i have never seen that before at a concert.  and the couple i sat next to, loves widespread panic and thought it was cool that i wore my wsp blue indian shirt.  could not believe the cost of merch . . . or the guy in front of me claiming it was worth it, "because i bought it here"   ::)  thought the puppets could have been better, and the production borrowed too much from the movie.  the one scene showing the girl loosing it after her soldier father suprises her in class was the best moment of the entire show.  thought the final wall tumble down wasn't as dramatic as it could have been.  but thank you roger . . . a concert even better than that nin/qotsa show and awesome no matter where you sat!  i was in middle of 100 toward the back . . . i think real close to sweetcell, and the sight lines were perfect!

and parking at verizon was the best choice.  left show during final bits of outside the wall, made it to car into less than four minutes . . . out of verizon garage and searching for pizza by the slice ten minutes or less later. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:57:51 pm by walkonby »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2010, 01:53:56 pm »
could not believe the cost of merch . . . or the guy in front of me claiming it was worth it, "because i bought it here"   ::) 

seriously.  those were some really nice shirts, nicer than your average concert tee, but $40-$50?  eh.

i was in middle of 100 toward the back . . . i think real close to sweetcell, and the sight lines were perfect!

indeed you were - we were in 101, towards the front.
<sig>

hemisphire

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2010, 02:23:46 pm »
indeed you were - we were in 101, towards the front.

So was it one of you lot that was standing up for the whole show and pissing off the fat lady in my section?  I was in 102 and she screamed at them for most of the first half (most everyone was standing during the  second).

set1914

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2010, 11:12:00 am »
Thought the show was great, granted not as fabulous as when I saw it in Berlin in 1990.

Will agree with the only thing that sucked were the folks poor concert etiquette. I did not have a problem with the folks that got get more beer. They least moved fast as to not to block you view and for the most part had some form of manners. Now the ones that wondered up and down the steps and then stood there blocking your view, were real turd eaters. These folks need to reevaluate why they go to a show.

set1914

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2010, 04:30:16 pm »
Thanks for putting up the images form the show, they are great!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:35:50 pm by set1914 »

mekmad

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2010, 04:33:12 pm »
There is audio of this up on the normal outlets..   Great show indeed, glad I went.