Author Topic: Corin Tucker Band  (Read 2604 times)

K8teebug

Corin Tucker Band
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:40:13 am »
Did anyone else go on Friday night?  I was surprised it didn't sell out.  Thought it was a great show, and it was fantastic to see her on stage again. 

I know people say this alot, but I really wish people would just shut up when they go to shows.  The talking was really pissing me off...Something about the black cat, I guess, because it always seems really bad there.  I wonder why those people don't just hang out downstairs instead.

hutch

Re: Corin Tucker Band
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:42:27 am »
WHat exactly was fantastic?

Any sleater songs?

Describe the scene!

K8teebug

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:08:12 am »
No Sleater-Kinney songs, but she did cover an Elvis Costello song (Party Girl) and some other very awesome song I did not know.  Scene was pretty much any show at the Black Cat with people up front dancing and bobbing heads up and down and people in the back talking and not paying attention.  One Mad Hatter.  One Queen of Hearts.  Could not find Alice.

Corin looked great, and the band seemed like they were having fun.  Played the entirety of the solo album.  I was surprised at how powerful the slow songs were.

serpent boy

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 11:21:49 am »
I wish I were in town to go! I'm really digging the solo album. Sounds like it was a good set.

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 11:50:30 am »
i just heard a song by eddie vedder with corin tucker.  it was nice.

people who talk at shows annoying everyone around them

vs.

people who do nothing about said talking people besides give them dirty looks and bitch about it later

which is worse?

K8teebug

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 12:51:13 pm »
I have yelled at people for constantly talking at shows.  It's easier just to move to the front so you can no longer hear them.

Ironically, it was the Sleater-Kinney show (last one) where I really let some dude have it.  He shut up after that though, so it was successful.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 02:47:57 pm »
Awesome show! Tucker covered The Wipers, Au Pairs, Elvis Costello and Sheila E. and played songs from the debut LP.  Perfect!

RustyOrgan

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 02:48:35 pm »
White House staffers at the Corin Tucker Band's DC Black Cat show!
http://www.politico.com/click/stories/1011/messina_chang_spotted_out.html

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 05:46:57 pm »
White House staffers at the Corin Tucker Band's DC Black Cat show!
http://www.politico.com/click/stories/1011/messina_chang_spotted_out.html

there you go . . . your chatty culprits.  maybe they thought real world dc is still shooting.