Author Topic: Snyder sues City Paper  (Read 2357 times)

Mobius

Snyder sues City Paper
« on: February 05, 2011, 09:02:02 pm »
What a piece of garbage the Sh*tty Gatsby turned out to be.  McKenna did an excellent job articulating through inciteful examples who Snyder is, and thereby helped Redskins fans see how their hijacked team reflects his character.   This guy is a cynical, exploitive douche who's main business skill is manipulating systems and people.  By now the facts speak for themselves.  The Redskins continue to suck and continue to suck in a classless and cynical way. He is a curse on Washington DC.   And how dare he play the jewish card.  I assumed he was a scientologist with his secret life, stepford wife, and weird hollywood friends.  An embarassment to his people.  Moreover, isn't Satan the appropriate characterization for a person who leads the Redskins and everyone emotionally invested in the team into a proverbial Hell year after year after year??
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:30:16 pm by Mobius »

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: Snyder sues City Paper
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:45:56 am »
Haha.  This guy is a Brian Wallace-like douche!!  Glad I'm not a skins fan.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 09:29:54 am »
The sad thing is that even if the City Paper wins, this is going to be a huge setback for them... defending against suits is expensive....

The other sad thing is, Skins fans will continue to support the Redskins no matter what Snyder does.
_\|/_

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 11:23:16 am »
The sad thing is that even if the City Paper wins, this is going to be a huge setback for them... defending against suits is expensive....

Washington City Paper Legal Defense Fund

Also, check out this surprisingly righteous takedown of Danny Boy, surprising because it's from Brett Haber.
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 12:59:17 pm »
anybody have a link to the anti semitic cover picture? I dont' remember seeing it or it didn't make an impression on me but I'd like to make my own mind up

hutch

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 01:35:00 pm »
http://mirror.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40063/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder.html

Here you go.

Also check out this hilarious response to lawsuit:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/02/AR2011020205483.html?nav=hcmodule

I don't believe that is the cover though? There are no dollar signs.. supposedly the cover of the city paper that week had snyder on it and is being objected to.. anybody have a link to it?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 02:22:47 pm »
That's the cover
T.Rex

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 03:56:36 pm »
I'm not Jewish, but real Jews should be outraged a piece of shit like Snyder would play the anti-Semite card so quickly. What a fucking asshole.

I'm embarrassed to be a Skins fan.

ggw

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 05:18:01 pm »
Allegedly he asked someone from thw Wiesenthal Center to back him up on the anti-semite charge. They wisely declined. 

Is this really surprising?  I mean, this is aguy who fired Riggins for being critical. A guy who forbid fans from bringing signs to the stadium for fear of being criticized. A guy who released a series of 9/11 themed Redskins paraphenalia and then kept all the proceeds to himself. A guy who got a law passed forbidding fans from walking to his stadium. He is, and always has been an uberdouche.

Now he is repeatedly claiming that he filed the suit to protect his wife. The Post did a great job pointing out that the City Paper only mentioned his wife three times and never in a negative light. The fact that Snyder's lawyers are using the cost of legal action as their major offensive tactic just proves that the City Paper said nothing libelous. It's just that Snyder is such a yawning pussy that he can't handle any criticism.

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 05:22:16 pm »
Maybe he will stumble upon this thread and try to sue Seth.
احمد

Mobius

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 07:04:15 pm »
The BWal_l reference made me imagine the Silver Spring Filllmore renamed the '9:30 Club' charging $50 + $15 parking for a Fall Out Boy vs. Panic! At the Disco dance party.  Now picture yourself there telling the person you're with how cool this place used to be.  That's what it is to be a Redskin fan.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 08:20:34 am »
Maybe he will stumble upon this thread and try to sue Seth.

and all of us!   
_\|/_

godsshoeshine

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 09:20:27 am »
guy running a business named after a racial slur claiming anti-semitism is the greatest thing ever
o/\o