Author Topic: Rams Head Live - BMore  (Read 5024 times)

eltee

Re: Rams Head Live - BMore
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 12:15:25 pm »
even Fridays and Saturdays the door time is 7...well except this weekend

And push times one hour back for a Friday/Saturday night, right? (what I've experienced)
even set times are the same? One time pre-Seth B.C., the opener went on at 9; headliner 10. Things may have changed. (not challenging finding info:))

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 12:26:02 pm »
if the door time is 8, then the opener will be 9.
i've been to about 15 shows there and have yet to go to a show with door time of 8 :)
it's always 7 door time, 8 opener and 9 (or 9:15) headliner.
(_|_)

Sir HC

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 01:25:49 pm »
I find on the floor the sound is a bit of a bummer if you are back a bit as the Stage Left flown stack is blocked by the balcony.  And the stacks are so high they had to add those stage speakers for there.  And upstairs, bummer if you are on the balcony by that blocked stack, that can be quite loud.

It is weirdly laid out, you can tell that it was first just a party bar then converted to a venue, the whole first floor bar space is pretty off to the side and blocking so while it can count towards # of people in, those people won't be too happy seeing the show from so far over. 

Yada

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 02:21:01 pm »
I'm assuming it will be 50% full tonight, if that...

There's not one ticket on a scalper site, stubhubb, or CL.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 04:12:18 pm »
from the FAQ:

7:00 Doors
8:00 Holy Suns
9:15 SM and the Jicks
(_|_)

eltee

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 07:30:43 pm »
Thanks Vans, for the info. Guess the times I attended were B.S. (Before Seth)

eltee

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 07:32:07 pm »
I find on the floor the sound is a bit of a bummer if you are back a bit as the Stage Left flown stack is blocked by the balcony.  And the stacks are so high they had to add those stage speakers for there.  And upstairs, bummer if you are on the balcony by that blocked stack, that can be quite loud.

It is weirdly laid out, you can tell that it was first just a party bar then converted to a venue, the whole first floor bar space is pretty off to the side and blocking so while it can count towards # of people in, those people won't be too happy seeing the show from so far over. 
I definitely agree. It's a good spot, but loud b/c of that overhang and speakers. I tend to float quite a bit trying to find a spot, but there's always room. Except for Beastie Boys that was a sweaty, sticky, crowded frat party.
(Never really tried the railing. VIP section (B.S.) is decent - bleacher style and quite a few rows)

Sir HC

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 01:07:10 am »
TONIGHT THE SOUND SUCKED. Sorry had to put that in all caps.  There was only vocals through the pa for the first half of the show, then all of the sudden "boom" heard the kick drum for the first time...Think they are having issues with the new digital desk or just ???.

hutch

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 01:17:50 am »
TONIGHT THE SOUND SUCKED. Sorry had to put that in all caps.  There was only vocals through the pa for the first half of the show, then all of the sudden "boom" heard the kick drum for the first time...Think they are having issues with the new digital desk or just ???.

well that SUCKS and is plain unacceptable.

i was sorry not to see malkmus because i had a prior commitment to see elvis costello but i do hope IMP will book Malkmus in DC at some point..

Sir HC

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 01:42:13 am »
They have a new FOH console, like what the Rock and Roll Hotel has (smaller version of the 930 FOH digital desk) and can make the guy not used to it not realize everything is up and running.

Yada

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 09:55:17 am »
As expected, the place was EMPTY. I'm guessing 400 tickets sold max...

DC next time!!