Author Topic: Have we discussed the Roots/Bachmann stunt yet?  (Read 1616 times)

azaghal1981

احمد

Yada

Re: Have we discussed the Roots/Bachmann stunt yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:29:44 am »
http://pitchfork.com/news/44705-watch-the-roots-play-lyin-ass-bitch-for-michele-bachmann-on-fallon/

Pulled off masterfully, IMO.

Don't think it's been discussed, but it's absolutely awesome. Caught myself watching a bit of the Repub debates last night, what a bunch of fucking buffoons.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 12:07:16 pm »
Fallon apologizes to Bachmann

(CNN) - TV show host Jimmy Fallon apologized to GOP presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann via Twitter Tuesday for a song played as the presidential candidate walked on stage for her Monday interview on NBC's "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon."

"I'm honored that @michelebachmann was on our show yesterday and I'm so sorry about the intro mess. I really hope she comes back," he wrote on Twitter.

As the Minnesota Congresswoman walked out to greet Fallon on stage, the show's band, The Roots, played a song by Fishbone called "Lyin' Ass Bitch."

Bachmann, while waving and smiling as she walked out Monday night, appeared unaware of the song or its lyrics, some of which include the words, "I really thought our love was much too strong / But that little slut just proved us wrong."

It appears the song choice was intentional. Prior to Bachmann's arrival on stage, the band's drummer, Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson, tweeted during the show: "Aight late night walkon song devotees: you love it when we snark: this next one takes the cake. ask around cause i aint tweeting title."

Despite the song choice, the interview was quite amicable, with Bachmann and Fallon trading jokes.

But after the show, Fallon blasted out: "@Questlove is grounded," and on Tuesday the band issued a statement saying "the performance was a tongue-in-cheek and spur of the moment decision."

As of Tuesday night, Bachmann had not responded to the song.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/22/fallon-apologizes-to-bachmann/
<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 01:04:14 pm »
What, exactly, is the point of the GOPes having a weekly debate?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 01:11:24 pm »
romney planned them all.  the point is to give the other candidates sufficient opportunities to put their feet in their mouths thus ensuring his nomination.  as jon stewart pointed out, the best thing that romney can do at the debates is cede his time to others.
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 01:35:25 pm »
 ;D  Had not heard about this.  That was awesome!