Author Topic: Fred Armisen / Portlandia Live  (Read 1926 times)

RustyOrgan

Fred Armisen / Portlandia Live
« on: January 16, 2012, 01:45:58 am »
Was anyone at that Armisen show at Black Cat? One of The Worst shows I've been to - right up there with that recent Hole gig. Could Portlandia Live be much better? Also, isn't $35 a bit much?!

Staralfur25

Re: Fred Armisen / Portlandia Live
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:34:00 am »
put a bird on it.   :D

K8teebug

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:56:35 am »
I saw him open for Les Savy Fav at the Black Cat and thought he was funny.

I like Portlandia.  Loved the BSG episode. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 10:59:05 am »
kids in the hall was incredible, hysterical, one of a kind, a triumpth . . . on television

kids in the hall live . . . just plain sucked balls

leave television on television

K8teebug

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 10:59:55 am »
Kids in the Hall live was so funny.  I went the very first time they came around though...2002 or 2003?  I heard they were not as good the second and third tours.

Mr. Show live was also great.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 11:16:15 am »
Only "live" tv show I've seen was Aqua Teen Hunger Force and it was hysterical. I'm going to go see Whitest Kids U Kno at State too. I figure, why not? If it sucks then that sucks, but if it's funny and worth it then it's win win. I figure if I like the show and the comedians, it's worth a shot. I remember seeing Fred Armisen on Premium Blend on Comedy Central and thought his stand up was hilarious, but it was skit related. Like it wasn't jokes as much as it was skits. One of the skits he used to do in his stand-up routine actually turned into an SNL skit. It was some sort of self defense class, pretty funny.

I like Portlandia, 35$ is kinda steep, but I think it'll be fun.
‼‼?‼‼

RustyOrgan

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 01:01:58 pm »
I thought Kids In The Hall was enjoyable. Wasn't able to get a ticket for Mr. Show at Black Cat though I'm sure it was awesome! Was dragged to Whitest Kids You Know at Draft House which was horrible but so is their show. I'd prob. check out Portlandia if I hadn't already been disappointed by Armisen at Black Cat and if the tickets were $20.

reggie

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 10:48:55 am »
i thought Armisen at the black cat was pretty awesome actually...he took requests and did whatever people asked of him...i guess people got turned off by the 6 song set that opened the show.