Author Topic: Google Music Beta  (Read 8763 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Google Music Beta
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 04:43:29 pm »
I kinda suspected that the real limit was total data instead of songs. I mentioned that in my bug report but their response didn't acknowledge it.

Your advice on cleaning up data is good. I've been extremely meticulous with my metadata; I almost always have to clean up the crap that Gracenote sends. But then, I work in a library. Too bad Music Beta doesn't use the "sort artist" field.

I still wonder what's being streamed back. The specs say that FLACs are transcoded into 320kbps MP3s. If AACs are also transcoded to MP3 then the sound quality will suffer. What I heard streamed in my car was definitely inferior to the ALACs I usually hear.
😐 🎶

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 05:29:27 pm »
This is a similar process to what I did.  I basically deleted my entire upload of 23K songs and am now going through my collection album by album to upload.  It's rather therapeutic and allows me to clean up a lot bad data.

My point here is a caution:  use this move to the cloud to clean up a lot of your data.  I spent two days cleaning up my contacts data, photo's and now I'm cleaning up my music.  If you've got a mess in your multiple hard drives, cleaning it up before you move it to the cloud will save you so much headache.

totally agree with you, that's what I'm doing
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 07:15:11 pm »
Will what you have stored in the cloud be able to serve as a backup if my local storage goes kaput?

Google updated the Music Manager for two way download/upload.  They advertise the service as a back up for your computer crashing:

http://support.google.com/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1233029&ctx=plusone

Notice that if you download it, it will come in a 320kbps file.  I wonder if I uploaded a song at 128kbps, it returns a 320kbps file?  Interesting and off to test.

Now raise the limit or allow me to purchase more and I'm redesigning my server options.   

27>34